Need Feedback: How Can We Help You with Late Deliveries?

kashmiah

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s my issue with late deliveries. I write articles on fiverr as a way to generate extra income. I’m a missionary and currently working in Honduras, which means I spend 8+ hours a day teaching English to make enough to cover my food bills… However, my full-time job is my first priority, and it’s not something I can excuse myself from to work on fiverr gigs…

So when I have someone order 8 articles (which is at least 4 hours of work) and pay $5 to get all of them in 24 hours… WHY DOES THE RUSH ORDER APPLY IF THEY ORDER MULTIPLE GIGS!!! When I set up my gig extras, it was under the assumption that the rush order applied to one gig, but when they order 8 gigs and expect them all in 24 hours for a nominal fee… it’s not fair to those of us who have full-time job schedules to work around.

I think the rush delivery fee should apply PER GIG, just like if a person wanted to order longer articles, they don’t just order one gig extra to cover all the articles… They order one gig extra PER GIG that they want lengthened.

Honestly, because the seller sets the time in which the job is completed (and I always set it for several days longer than I know it will take me to be safe), I don’t see much of a problem with late orders… If you find yourself consistently delivering late, maybe you need to lengthen the delivery time in anticipation of buyers not responding as quickly as you need them…

Guest berylm

I don’t have time to read all the comments, so if this is a duplicate comment apologies in advance - but my gigs are usually five days and I have to wait a couple of days before completing (long story), so if I’m going to be late it’s because I’ve forgotten, not because the work’s taking too long. For that reason it would be great for me if the warning about being late came 24 hours BEFORE the deadline, reminding me in time to get the gig finished before it becomes late!

I’ve experienced where the buyer did not respond to my enquiries regarding the gig. I do not proceed to the final unless the buyer gives the final green light. I’ve done some work already and needed approval which I did not get until the buyer gets a notification from Fiverr saying that the seller is late in delivering and he cancelled without checking any ongoing correspondence. And when I messaged him, he said he didn’t see anything and Fiverr told him to cancel the gig because it was late.

Can there be a feature that allows the seller to show they have done work and await buyer’s response. Something like a chess tournament where the players presses a button to show they have made a move to put the ball in the other person’s court.

Thanks,

Hi i’d like to have some flexibility on the time for the cases when the buyer does not reply. Just like buyer can request modifications (those modifications take extra time and what if it’s Sunday?) the seller should have some button to request extra time, maybe with the agreement of seller.

While I do like the countdown, I recently was very worried because I marked a custom deliver for 7 days when I’d told the buyer it would take me seven days or less to do the review once I’d gotten the shipped product (so I should have marked at least 14 days to allow 7 days to deliver). I was horrified when I couldn’t change it and that my only option would be to cancel it to make the change (which would also look about as bad as a negative review.) Luckily, the item shipped in 3 days.

I think it would be helpful to give the seller the ability to change the number of days, but allow a notification to be sent to the buyer showing the update. (And maybe giving them the option to accept or decline the change.)

YES! YES! YES! It’s not uncommon for me to see the Buyer trigger the clock with “I won’t be able to get the logo to you until tomorrow” and doesn’t or some similar thing, and then not be responsive with sending them messages. Support says they can do nothing about resetting or putting a hold on the clock. I wouldn’t dare give a Fast Delivery option for this very reason. ANY response by the Buyer like “I’ll get the info to you soon” triggers the clock.

Yes the late delivery’s is not in our favour ; i want to go to sleep after delivering an order and then go back in the morning and find out that is cancelled plus a negative feedback , guess why ? because he asked for modification while i was asleep and i couldn’t reply so he left a negative feedback and dissapeared it’s pointless , and hard , plus the paypal thing , a guy bought from me for $200 and then when i sent the job he asked for a refund even though i don’t provide that , but then he got his money refunded after going to paypal ! that’s just pointless please consider this , because for so many times , i tought about leaving the website , and so does many people like me , we sellers should feel little safety !

I agree with most people here on the idea of mutual deadline extensions. I also think the idea of a a mutual deadline hold could be a good idea. With both seller and buyer permission, being able to freeze the deadline while you’re on vacation, or if the buyer doesn’t think that how long it takes is as important.

Waiting for buyers to reply to my questions is what makes me late. So I have gone from promising to deliver in one day to two days and now three days.

If buyers contact me immediately l can complete in one day but buyers, like sellers, need to leave the computer sometimes so time lapses will occur.

Once I delivered via Mediafire because the file was too big for Fiverr. The buyer did not press theComplete button until two months later. My average delivery time went up from two to six days. Am I a poor punctual deliverer? My delivery statistics say I am.

Guest market8

I think time zones pose significant problems and contribute to late deliveries. When I have an order in the middle of the night while I’m sleeping, it will also be due in the middle of the night while I’m sleeping. Since many of us also work and have families, it’s sometimes impossible to meet deadlines when it’s late at night. I would like to see an option where orders are automatically extended to be delivered according to the sellers time zone (similar to setting hours of operation). If you order my gig at 3 a.m. it will calculate to a 3 p.m. delivery instead (12 hours later). Also, I agree that cancelled orders should be refunded in full to the buyer without negative marks to the seller for these very reasons.

To be honest, i don’t think overly supporting/uniforming all aspects of a gig such as late deliveries is a positive thing, we should have individual answers to late deliveries which makes us better/improved/distinct sellers. instead of ‘legalizing’ the late delivery. Perhaps look at the root of late deliveries instead which is ‘time management’ i would welcome an option where you can plan gigs on an agenda and have them start automatically on a given date without any compromise on a deadline.

Reply to @sincere18: I can understand the time management thing but there are times when things happen to sellers that are beyond their control and messaging a buyer won’t always be doable in these last minute mishaps. As an example, in the past six days the transformer has blown out in my neighborhood twice which resulted in the power being out for many hours.

I’m not sure how that whole detailing thing would work out for sellers that feel they are going to be late with an order. That would make the situation more complex than it needs to be and possibly cause an even longer delay in getting the work done for the client(s).

You make some valid points but it should also be remembered that things are always changing and at times at an unexpected time.

I do not understand why a modification requested by the buyer is considered late. If they request a modification, it should add either the same timeframe that a gig is set for or the seller should be able to set a timeframe after viewing what the modification is and decide how much time it will take. If I’ve delivered the order and the buyer wants changes or additions, then the original order should not be considered late.

Guest beccadex

Id like to see an option to attempt to redeliver to a canceled order due to late delivery. I had an internet hiccup when i sent an order the other day, and i guess it didnt send the command through to the server, because they never got the delivery that i thought i sent. I got an email 2 days later telling me they had canceled, and i had no idea how to get ahold of him after that to try and work it out (im bad at fiverrr apparently)

If i know im going to be late (had a lot of it with the weather recently, like 2 weeks with spotty power and internet) I usually try to get in touch with the buyer and ask them if they would like to post pone until a future date, and if they dont, i usually offer them some sort of compensation.

Guest ssavage1967

First, let me say that I love and wholeheartedly support the idea of a buyer/seller mutually agreeable extension option. It doesn’t make sense for the seller to be penalized if the buyer himself doesn’t desire that outcome. Secondly, it is PATENTLY UNFAIR when the seller delivers the product on time, but the buyer requests modifications, and the clock resumes, causing the seller to be “late”. I have never delivered anything past the deadline in my entire time on Fiverr, however I have been counted late twice because the seller took his time to review my deliverable and then chose to request a modification after the time had passed. This has to be changed.

I am new and sold nothing yet…and this discussion is scary. I thin if we are quality-minded as sellers, buyers are not so time-minded… I think quality comes higher than time. I agree that it should be between Seller and buyer. When site intervene it does look like applying force like employers do, and all the shine and sheen of freelancing is gone…

I’d like to echo some of the previous observations made by sellers. As a voiceover artist, I have never delivered a late order due to my own negligence. Every late order has been due to a buyer:

1. placing an order without having a script ready.
  2. insufficient payment for the project (I will not begin work until the job is completely paid).
  3. failure to supply adequate instructions.
  4. failure to respond to messages.

Generally, a lack of good communication skills is the reason for delays.

Echoing some of what @emasonwrites and @dtongsports said above:

Please be careful with this–I worry about sellers being able to extend their deadlines without careful restrictions in place. I think that it’s up to the sellers (myself included) to set realistic deadlines for themselves, and I actually think it’s good thing that we get negative feedback for failing to deliver on time. I would want to know that information if I was a buyer.

The modifications system is where things get tricky–I’ve had to stay up until 3 in the morning due to last-minute modification requests. Maybe have a 24-hour minimum for modifications?

I’ve had quite a lot of people wanting to make bulk orders lately…telling buyers to make orders with staggered deadlines makes everyone miserable, so I’ve been using the custom offer feature instead…I calculate all of the gigs and extras and set my own deadline, then send it to the seller to accept or reject. The only issue with this is that I had 42 orders in my queue earlier this week, but it looked like I only had three (same goes for any positive reviews that follow). If there was a way to indicate the number of orders that a custom offer represents, that might help solve some problems.

And yes–I agree that if a gig has a proofing stage that requires buyer feedback in order to advance, there has to be some sort of protection built in for the seller. (Same goes for buyers making gig purchases but waiting days to provide the photos/information that the gig is based upon).

Thanks!

Archived