Phising spammers everywhere

macarthyjamie

Thanks for heads up.

Reply to @itsyourthing: I would still report this to support even though sadly I doubt there is much they can really do about this. I know it sounds like a really strange thing to say and it’s not really advertising my services, but they’ll only create a new account when it’s deleted and I would think they’re going through a proxy, so blocking the IP address will only hold them back.

Just try to look at the URL before clicking, if the address is something.fiver.com that’s a correct sub domain, however if the URL is fiver.Something.com that’s incorrect, as this would be a sub domain of something.com called fiver.

An example of this would be forum.fiver.com=correct fiver.forum.com=incorrect.

The same thing goes for domain extensions, if there is anything unexpected after .Com, but before the forward slash as in this example then it’s probably wrong.

Thanks for the update. You might want to edit the link in your post so that it isn’t usable. (Use * or x to remove some letters.) You don’t want someone else to misunderstand and use it. You can keep just enough of the real letters so that people can tell how it starts and ends for their safety.

Archived