Can you extend an already placed gig? [ARCHIVED]

lorena72

I don’t believe so, unfortunately. 😦

However, if the buyer agrees to give you extra time, and instead cancels (leaving negative feedback for late delivery) you MAY be able to contact support and have them remove the feedback since the buyer agreed he was going to give you extra time. Just make sure you let customer support know about it and you should have proof within the conversation of the order.

After the alloted time runs out, the status switches to “Late” and 24h later it switches to “Very Late”. On “Very Late” the buyer can cancel the gig but if you both mutually agreed you can take more time, that shouldn’t happen.

Fiverr does not cancel gigs automatically after a given time. Thats all up to you and your buyer.

So in short, you’ll be fine. Although that bright-red “Very Late”-Tag is going to haunt you! 🙂

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Reply to @chetlog: That idea would be a good choice to start in the Suggestion Box if there isn’t already one there very similar. This particular thread is older and likely has some information in it that is no longer useful. For example, the link above to STOP THE CLOCK still connected to an archived but readable post, but not everything in the thread is usable. Feel free to search the forum and see if there is a recent discussion to add to on this (preferably in the Suggestion Box category) and if not, you can start one!

Edited to add a note: If someone finds a good thread in the Suggestion Box on extension agreement ideas, or if someone starts one, if you want to inbox me with a link to the thread I’ll see if it fits the purpose well enough and link to it from this now archived thread.

Archived