No orders in six months :(

misty_loreley

Question

Hello, friends! I’m very excited to join the forum! I create fairy-tale illustrations, and about six months ago, I started posting gigs on Fiverr. Unfortunately, I’ve only been contacted by scammers, with almost no views on my gigs. And now, quite some time has passed as I keep waiting for my very first, unique client who would at least give me some hope. Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong? Maybe someone else is facing the same problem? I would be very grateful and happy for any advice!801363831_.jpg.a9d3dead9c17c9d21c2f5d011991ba51.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, misty_loreley said:

Hello, friends! I’m very excited to join the forum! I create fairy-tale illustrations, and about six months ago, I started posting gigs on Fiverr. Unfortunately, I’ve only been contacted by scammers, with almost no views on my gigs. And now, quite some time has passed as I keep waiting for my very first, unique client who would at least give me some hope. Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong? Maybe someone else is facing the same problem? I would be very grateful and happy for any advice!

I would suggest getting a few clients from outside sources (recommendations from friends, advertising on social media, etc). Now, I am definitely not suggesting spam-posting on social media (as that doesn’t work in 2024), but to "strategically" plan something that works for you.

In the early days, it may not be the best idea to rely solely on Fiverr, as the marketplace is oversaturated with thousands of sellers in each category. It's not really possible for Fiverr to give an opportunity to every new seller and take a leap of faith on them, as it’s difficult to know whether that seller will provide good quality or not (as Fiverr knowing nothing about your skills at level 0). 

So, get a push from outside and get a few orders so that Fiverr can have some stats on your profile and your profile looks credible. Remember "something is always better than zero".

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1