Concern Regarding Recent Phishing Attempt on Fiverr and Disappointing Experience with Fiverr Security Measures

Recently, I received a suspicious email claiming that my account had been temporarily suspended. The email instructed me to click a link for verification, threatening that my account would be permanently deleted within six hours. Upon closer inspection, it was clear that this was a phishing attempt using the Fiverr name, which caused me significant concern regarding the security of my account.

This experience has left me feeling frustrated and uneasy about the safety measures in place on the platform. I believe it would be beneficial for Fiverr to improve communication around security threats and better educate users on how to recognize phishing attempts.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to any improvements that can be made to enhance user security and trust.

Thank you for your time.

fiverr link.png

Edited by askmeindin
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

5 hours ago, askmeindin said:

Recently, I received a suspicious email claiming that my account had been temporarily suspended. The email instructed me to click a link for verification, threatening that my account would be permanently deleted within six hours. Upon closer inspection, it was clear that this was a phishing attempt using the Fiverr name, which caused me significant concern regarding the security of my account.

This experience has left me feeling frustrated and uneasy about the safety measures in place on the platform. I believe it would be beneficial for Fiverr to improve communication around security threats and better educate users on how to recognize phishing attempts.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to any improvements that can be made to enhance user security and trust.

Thank you for your time.

fiverr link.png

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. Even though you're not new here on Fiverr, I highly recommend reading our Terms of Service and Community Standards before you continue using the platform. That will help you understand how the platform works.

Feel free to report the user who contacted you. If I'm not mistaken this is a message from your inbox, not an actual email?

Other users don't have access to your email address unless you share it, and that's why it's important to avoid violating our ToS, as that will only compromise your account and get it blocked.

Our team is working hard on preventing these and any other kind of scams. Good luck with your future endeavors 🍀

• Like 2

7 hours ago, askmeindin said:

I believe it would be beneficial for Fiverr to improve communication around security threats and better educate users on how to recognize phishing attempts.

They already work their asses off in order to prevent these scams. But as you might know, scammers are smart in finding new ways that work. Yes, they could implement some more educational resources for new sellers. I have already created many measurements in a topic related to this. But in the end, it is quite easy to spot a scam message. 

So look at it like this : A new seller signing up on an Internet based freelance platform, SHOULD know basic internet safety practices BEFORE interacting on any social media platform with or without the help of Fiverr.