Please help me understand the fee structure

isabel_rg

Question

I am new to Fiverr, looking to get some branding services done.

I am so confused with the fee structure. Hope someone can explain:

If the freelancer is only asking for $85, then how does the total end up being almost twice as much? I understand there is GST and service fee, but where does the rest go??

$85 + GST $14.50 + service fee $12.02 = $111.52

Yet the total I am being asked to pay is $ 159.61

So my question is where do the other $48.09 go to?

And just out of curiosity, out of the $85 how much of that will really go to the freelancer?

IMG-1328.png

3 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, isabel_rg said:

I am new to Fiverr, looking to get some branding services done.

I am so confused with the fee structure. Hope someone can explain:

If the freelancer is only asking for $85, then how does the total end up being almost twice as much? I understand there is GST and service fee, but where does the rest go??

$85 + GST $14.50 + service fee $12.02 = $111.52

Yet the total I am being asked to pay is $ 159.61

So my question is where do the other $48.09 go to?

And just out of curiosity, out of the $85 how much of that will really go to the freelancer?

IMG-1328.png

Perhaps this information will assist you. Point number 4 explains taxes in detail; please review it.  https://www.fiverr.com/legal-portal/legal-terms/payment-terms-of-service 

I'm confused about the pricing discrepancy: if a gig costs $85, why does the total amount come to $159? This significant difference can't be solely due to taxes or service fees.

To clarify, I recommend contacting Fiverr's customer support. They'll better understand this issue and address your concerns.

43 minutes ago, isabel_rg said:

The freelancer will receive 80% of the total amount, while Fiverr will take 20%.

Did you purchase any gig extras? The error is between the $85 price and the sub total. I'm a seller on here for logo's as well but I've never seen the buyer side of the pricing. Seems confusing which is why I keep my pricing as basic as possible.

Thanks for your responses.

Just to clarify, I did not add any gig extras.

However I think I understand the discrepacy now. When I first tried checking I did it from the mobile app. The price was clearly displayed as A$85  - so it shows as Australian dollars, and the rest of the charges and fees are also quoted in AUD.

But when I try to check out from my desktop computer, instead it says that the price is $85 (without the A for Australian dollars). So my guess is that the app on my mobile incorrectly displayed the price as $85 AUD but in reality is $85 USD.

Once the fees are added this gives me a total of $ 101.94 USD, which converts to $159 AUD.

Attached is the screenshot from my laptop, now correctly displaying the charges in both currencies.

I hope the Fiverr team takes note as this is quite misleading. 

desktop screenshot fiverr.png