Receiving Suspicious Messages on Fiverr: How to Handle Them?

m_kamran25_07

Question

Hello Fiverr community,

Recently, I've been getting messages that seem suspicious, like the one in the screenshot attached. These messages often mention services I offer but include links or statements that raise red flags (e.g., confirmation links or weird formatting). Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm looking for advice on how to handle these types of messages. Should I report them immediately, or is there a better way to deal with them without affecting my account or business? Also, how can we identify scam messages early and protect ourselves from potential risks?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions!

fiverr spamming.png

• Like 1
  • Up 2

8 answers to this question

It's a scam message. Don't paste any links into the browser if it tries to pretend there's an order like that.

All valid orders will show on your real Fiverr dashboard.

Report all users who tell you an order has been placed and ask you to paste a link into your browser to see it.

If you pasted the link it would probably take you to a fake page where it will ask for your payment info to try to "get funds". That's not how real Fiverr orders work. Any "get funds" option to work on an order is a scam. Don't paste the link in your browser as it could be unsafe and would just be a scam site's page. Also don't scan any QR codes users send to the inbox.

Since it's from a user with an account dated 2022 (quite a while ago) it might be that that user's account is hacked. Though it's a buyer only account with only 1 review.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, uk1000 said:

It's a scam message. Don't paste any links into the browser if it tries to pretend there's an order like that.

All valid orders will show on your real Fiverr dashboard.

Report all users who tell you an order has been placed and ask you to paste a link into your browser to see it.

If you pasted the link it would probably take you to a fake page where it will ask for your payment info to try to "get funds". That's not how real Fiverr orders work. Any "get funds" option to work on an order is a scam. Don't paste the link in your browser as it could be unsafe and would just be a scam site's page. Also don't scan any QR codes users send to the inbox.

Since it's from a user with an account dated 2022 (quite a while ago) it might be that that user's account is hacked. Though it's a buyer only account with only 1 review.

thank you for the valuable information. 

• Like 2