A Fiverr Guide For Beginners Using The Portfolio

If you're anything like me and have yet to get your first client here on Fiverr, you'll know it's difficult to attract clients at the beginning of your journey. Sure, it's frustrating, but thousands of users have superior experiences. It's important to show that you understand your field.

One of the features Fiverr has is the portfolio. This is where you can place projects and samples of your work to make your gigs stand out against the competition. But wait! There's an issue.

The portfolio feature only allows for images and videos to be uploaded. Why? I have no clue, but if you're in a profession such as writing like I am, ten there is a way around this. The only place that you upload documents is on gigs.

While you can use screenshots from previous projects, you can also jazz it up by creating short videos of the process you undertake for your work. Don't worry, there is no need to use a camera. I use the screen capture feature on my Macbook to record what my work looks like in the Word Document before I edit, while I'm editing and afterwards.

I usually do not include images in my Word docs because it makes the file size increase and could cause the program to freeze. I only upload pictures once I'm in the middle of uploading content to the website.

To create videos, all you need is a basic understanding of Canva. You don't need fancy expensive editing software. The creative possibilities for any video are endless. It is very simple process as you can either create videos from scratch or you can use a template that is already included.

Edited by cass_hawkings
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1