Seeking security resources for Fiverr sellers

Guest amethyst_blaq

Question

Guest amethyst_blaq

I am looking for security best practices for the Fiverr platform. I am well-versed in security best practices but want to be up to date on how to best secure my account on this platform

I saw where someone recently prepared a resource page, but when I went there the primary links were dead. Please help. For the record, I have 2-fa enabled and have a security question in place. Also, I never open more than one browser window and do other obvious things. At the same time, feel free to add even the smallest things, as the resource may help others. Thank you. 

2 answers to this question

Hello @amethyst_blaq 

Staying safe on the platform is crucial because it helps protect your data from theft, fraud, and misuse. By protecting your account, you reduce the risk of scams and maintain control over your online presence. 

With that being said, on the Forum you can find plenty of advice on safety. Allow me to leave you a few links that will help you in securing your account.

I would like to remind you that we strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Hope this helps. Stay safe! 

• Like 2

Guest amethyst_blaq

Thanks for providing these. I already had these down. What I am really hoping to find are additional security tweaks from those who are internet savvy and were once hacked and have never been hacked since; in other words, those who learned the hard way.

Edited by amethyst_blaq