Is there recourse for a seller that wastes a lot of your time and then stops responding?

turbosupramk3

My time is valuable and I reached out to a seller with many positive reviews, who told me they could complete my project and would start working on it already. To do so they asked me to do about 10 hours of precursory work for them to complete the project on their end. I've waited over a month and did the work and they aren't responding now, which is very upsetting because of my time being wasted on multiple fronts. 

Is there recourse for this behavior? If not, this would be the last time I use fiverr as my time is too valuable to continue experiencing this. 

13 minutes ago, turbosupramk3 said:

My time is valuable and I reached out to a seller with many positive reviews, who told me they could complete my project and would start working on it already. To do so they asked me to do about 10 hours of precursory work for them to complete the project on their end. I've waited over a month and did the work and they aren't responding now, which is very upsetting because of my time being wasted on multiple fronts. 

Is there recourse for this behavior? If not, this would be the last time I use fiverr as my time is too valuable to continue experiencing this. 

Could you please specify what the work you had to do was? 

Did they need you to have your files on a specific format? Or what?

I'm a bit confused. 

Did you ever place an order?

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

Could you please specify what the work you had to do was? 

Did they need you to have your files on a specific format? Or what?

I'm a bit confused. 

Did you ever place an order?

It's a PCB design. They needed a build file created and a lot of set up work and defining to be able to do the pcb. 

I believe in order was placed but I'm not 100% sure because this is my first time using Fiverr I was going by with the seller and told me to do

Edited by turbosupramk3

44 minutes ago, turbosupramk3 said:

I believe in order was placed but I'm not 100% sure because this is my first time using Fiverr I was going by with the seller and told me to do

Do you see it when you click on ORDERS? (you should see it on your homepage.) Did you pay for anything?

If yes - I'd check the order page. Sometimes, buyers don't seem to get notifications from there, and finding where it is can be hard (which can create misunderstandings.)

If NOT, OR if they made you pay and accept the delivery (when there was nothing), that's a different case.

If there was no order at all, not much could have been done, though the situation sounded quite odd. Was what you made absolutely necessary?