Account restricted for no reason

benamor720

I have been using fiverr for the past 10 years with no issue. till yesterday i was in touch with a Fiverr freelancer and this person hacked my facebook account and confirmed that he did through fiverr massages. So i reported him right away to fiverr customers services. Fiverr right away restricted my account and start asking me non sense questions about verification that i added 10 years ago , about my parents city birth etc..old fone numbers etc..  cant remember what ive wrote at the time.. and so now im restricted ! i can belive this happening to me. i should have said nothing 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, benamor720 said:

I have been using fiverr for the past 10 years with no issue. till yesterday i was in touch with a Fiverr freelancer and this person hacked my facebook account and confirmed that he did through fiverr massages. So i reported him right away to fiverr customers services. Fiverr right away restricted my account and start asking me non sense questions about verification that i added 10 years ago , about my parents city birth etc..old fone numbers etc..  cant remember what ive wrote at the time.. and so now im restricted ! i can belive this happening to me. i should have said nothing 

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Whether you have said anything or not, your account was gonna be still restricted because Fiverr found your account compromised that's why. It will be reinstated once you verify yourself and account else it will remain disabled.

Your account was 10 years old then why have not you ever tried to set the security questions etc. and then saved their answers anywhere or could have set the new security questions and number? I have been on Fiverr since 10 years too but still have saved these things somewhere. Whenever/If someday Fiverr asks me for verification, I will gladly answer them in a second. 

Try to remember your old number + security questions along with answers and provide the possible lists of answers to Fiverr Support for verification purpose. May be any question answer might work. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, benamor720 said:

no my account wasnt going to be restricted ! i never had any issue so far. its only when i reported this user who hacked my facebook account to prevent others people to interact with him again .. and now its my fault. 

You are likely being asked those questions because your account could get hacked (like your FB did). CS tried to verify that it's you - and you were unable to provide the information. 

It sucks that this is the only way though (especially since they have access to our IDs when we verify ourselves for the first time / etc.) But I do think it's just security measures put in place to make sure you are who you claim to be. 

I always update my number to my current one and try to remember the security question as well. It's a small added layer of protection. 

If I were you I'd try to dig up the info (like said above as well!) since this might be the only way. 

• Like 1