Why Are Random Gig Images Performing Better Than My Well-Designed Ones?

ahmedwebcrafter

Question

I’m struggling to figure out how to create the best gig image. I’ve analyzed gig images in my category and followed best practices, like using less text, bold fonts, eye-catching colors, and clear face images. Even though I’m a web developer and not a graphic designer, I put my best effort into creating my gig images. I feel the gig images I’ve designed are equal to my competitors' images, and in some cases, even better.

However, despite following all the best practices, my gig images aren’t getting clicks or attracting buyers. Meanwhile, I’ve noticed some competitors using random images just text, tech stack logos, or other random elements that seem to perform much better.

Okay, I understand I’m a new seller, but that doesn’t justify getting zero clicks on 600 impressions. This has to mean there’s something wrong with my gig image. Should I start using random images too? What could be the reason my well-designed images aren’t working?

convert-figma-to-next-js.jpg

build-your-modern-portfolio-website-with-react-and-next-js.jpeg

be-your-front-end-web-developer-to-convert-figma-to-react-or-next-js.jpeg

2 answers to this question

Your gig images are good, nothing wrong with them. 

But Fiverr doesn't work in a STRAIGHT LINE like most new people think. Create a gig < optimize it < add eye-catchy gig images < where are MY ORDERS????

99.99% of people arrive with same approach expecting buyers to queue up. 🫠

Freelancing is NOT a sprint, its a Marathon!! 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, priyank_mod said:

Your gig images are good, nothing wrong with them. 

But Fiverr doesn't work in a STRAIGHT LINE like most new people think. Create a gig < optimize it < add eye-catchy gig images < where are MY ORDERS????

99.99% of people arrive with same approach expecting buyers to queue up. 🫠

Freelancing is NOT a sprint, its a Marathon!! 

I understand, but I’m not talking about orders—at least clicks should be coming in. Everyone suggests changing your gig image if you’re not getting clicks. As you mentioned, the image is good, but I’ve been using it for over 3 weeks now without any clicks. In this situation, what should I do? Should I change the gig image? If so, how can I improve it further?