Seller misinformation and lies

cai2024

Seller misinformation on location, language and skills is getting way out of control and I'm about to close my account over it.

1. False Location -  I have yet to contact a seller that is listed as being US based that is actually in the US.  They have all been in other countries and pretending to be US based.  This is not acceptable. 

2. Online Now misinformation - employing a bot that shows you online and sends automated message is NOT the same as being online.  I have yet to contact a seller that shows online that is actually online.  If you show online and I receive an automated message I will not use your services. period.

2.  Language fluency - Google translate does NOT qualify you as being fluent.  If you say you are fluent in English or any other language then I need to be able to have a conversation with you directly in my language.  Its very suspicious when I see sellers that show fluency in their native language plus, Hebrew, english, German, etc...

3.  Upselling - If you show a particular price for a package, don't ask me what my budget is.  My budget is what you advertise.  

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

51 minutes ago, cai2024 said:

Online Now misinformation - employing a bot that shows you online and sends automated message is NOT the same as being online.  I have yet to contact a seller that shows online that is actually online.  If you show online and I receive an automated message I will not use your services. period.

Fiverr has their own auto response option: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/10092069817617-Set-up-your-Auto-Reply

If enabled it automatically responds if it's the first time a particular buyer has contacted that seller. It doesn't say it won't auto respond if the seller is currently online/active.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, cai2024 said:

Seller misinformation on location, language and skills is getting way out of control and I'm about to close my account over it.

1. False Location -  I have yet to contact a seller that is listed as being US based that is actually in the US.  They have all been in other countries and pretending to be US based.  This is not acceptable. 

2. Online Now misinformation - employing a bot that shows you online and sends automated message is NOT the same as being online.  I have yet to contact a seller that shows online that is actually online.  If you show online and I receive an automated message I will not use your services. period.

2.  Language fluency - Google translate does NOT qualify you as being fluent.  If you say you are fluent in English or any other language then I need to be able to have a conversation with you directly in my language.  Its very suspicious when I see sellers that show fluency in their native language plus, Hebrew, english, German, etc...

3.  Upselling - If you show a particular price for a package, don't ask me what my budget is.  My budget is what you advertise.  

I ask the question on budget when a buyer requires a number of tasks and outlines the project beyond the scope of a single gig. It is needed to figure out a value-for-money service proposal which is a fit with his/her financial capability. Some buyers have no idea of the work and time required by projects. I see it as a legitimate question. 

Edited by dponzio
  • Like 4

I yet to publish my first gig (will go through a verification process soon) but I have explicitly mentioned on my account that I'm from Pakistan and that my English level is fluent. 

I understand that some buyers may want to work with only US or any other country based but it does not give us the licence to lie or misinform others. 

Edited by tauseefabbaskhn
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, cai2024 said:

3. Sometimes clients' requirements don't fit any of the 3 gig packages. So negotiation must be done. 

• Like 3