My gig header image is stretchy

Guest amethyst_blaq

Question

Guest amethyst_blaq

I began with the recommended size of gig header image, and the borders had a good amount of clearance. The image looked very stretchy in the Fiverr search results. Next, I used the aspect ratio of the search frame, that image also showed as stretchy. Then I tried making the image taller, then wider. Each time it displayed the same way.

Then I put in a ticket to support. The support rep said that it looked fine from their end, and told me to clear my browser. I did and it still looked stretchy. The next day, yesterday, it looked fine, and I thought it was fixed. Today, though, it's back to stretched out, on Chrome and Edge. There's obviously a system glitch that has long needed addressing. However, all I want to know now, is if anyone has had this problem all of a sudden disappear, and if so, under what circumstances? I have spent too many hours on this and am frustrated. I attached am image as an example but to avoid self-promotion I blanked out the text. 

Screenshot 2024-08-27 132108.png

8 answers to this question

Guest amethyst_blaq

There, and just like that it's back to normal. No problem. 

It was the actual size of the frame--870 x 390, enlarged to have the wider side become 1600px (but still to have the same aspect ratio). I don't recall what the smaller measurement was.

Now it's good and the measurement is 1163px x 684px. It didn't display right when I first put it up. It never shows the saved image at the top of the page correctly, but it is fine everywhere else, and that's probably as good as it gets. 

Edited by amethyst_blaq

35 minutes ago, amethyst_blaq said:

There, and just like that it's back to normal. No problem. 

It was the actual size of the frame--870 x 390, enlarged to have the wider side become 1600px (but still to have the same aspect ratio). I don't recall what the smaller measurement was.

Now it's good and the measurement is 1163px x 684px. It didn't display right when I first put it up. It never shows the saved image at the top of the page correctly, but it is fine everywhere else, and that's probably as good as it gets. 

1280 x 769 is the recommendation. Mine are 1280 x 720 and they don't appear to be stretched. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

Guest amethyst_blaq

For the record, now looking at this issue in hindsight, it's clear to see that the main issue is that the saved search image at the top of the page is the only problem. I am going to put the recommended size header back now that I realize this. When I say 'the saved image,' I mean that after I look at my own listing, the next time I go to homepage they show me my listing again (the way they would a buyer, to remind them to buy), and it's always stretched out. Everywhere else is fine. I didn't see this before. 

@amethyst_blaq I know you didn't ask for this advice, but may I suggest you take a look at the gig images in the search results page of your category, see which jump out at you, and imagine your thumbnail alongside them competing for attention? You've got some really small text on there and a font with lines a bit thin.

• Like 7

Guest amethyst_blaq

Thanks. I have the size worked out now, the sky is the limit with where I can go with what is contained within it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Guest amethyst_blaq

@mandyzines The reason text is small is because some fixes said to keep things quite far from the border. However, now I see that's irrelvalt to me, I can move closer to the border. I 100% agree that larger is better.