Dealing with Unfair Cancellation Attempts – Seeking Advice

sabaanwer

Hi fellow sellers,

I’m reaching out because I’m currently facing a difficult situation with a client who seems to be trying to cancel an order unfairly. I completed a project for this client, delivered the work ahead of the deadline, and even offered unlimited revisions to ensure they were satisfied. The client received the full work but did not request any revisions. When they expressed concerns, I even offered to create additional pages at no extra cost.

Despite all this, the client is now trying to cancel the order after receiving the final product, which makes me feel like they’re attempting to get their money back while keeping the work. This situation is really frustrating, as I’ve put a lot of time and effort into this project.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? How did you handle it? I’ve already contacted Fiverr Support for help, but I’m looking for advice from the community on how to protect myself in situations like this in the future. Any tips or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your support.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

The first rule you will need to follow by heart is to never offer unlimited revision. Gigs with "Unlimited revision" is the honey for scammers to abuse the system. Apart from that you should always review the buyer's profile, if possible. Things like, age of the profile, no. of reviews, how they communicate and explain their project to you etc. In most scenarios, the way a buyer communicates is a telltale sign of their nature/intentions.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

Hi! I hope you have solved this situation in the meantime. Yes, I´ve experienced this a couple of times and what worked was to ask more specific questions on their reason to cancel. To refer to the revisions option is a great solution but yes with a maximum, like 3 revisions. Here is the other way around: dealing with unfair order attempts, I had to request a cancellation for the first time in years. 

• Like 5