Canceling order with the new evaluation system.

tinatino

Question

3 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, tinatino said:

What will happen if I cancel one order? I haven't done it for a very long time. Will my success score decrease? 

It depends on many factors and there is no definitive answer to that.

One of my recent orders got canceled because the client started asking for a refund right after receiving the delivery files. I sent multiple updates during the order phase and he was extremely happy with the work. But just after receiving the files, he began sending cancellation requests, claiming he didn't like the quality and pointing out some flaws. In reality, he was trying to get the work for free and scamming me. I declined all the cancellation requests, but with the help of customer support, the order was canceled. However, they compensated me the entire order amount and removed the order from my stats, so it didn't affect me at all.

So, it really depends on the basis for which the order is getting canceled.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

It depends on many factors and there is no definitive answer to that.

One of my recent orders got canceled because the client started asking for a refund right after receiving the delivery files. I sent multiple updates during the order phase and he was extremely happy with the work. But just after receiving the files, he began sending cancellation requests, claiming he didn't like the quality and pointing out some flaws. In reality, he was trying to get the work for free and scamming me. I declined all the cancellation requests, but with the help of customer support, the order was canceled. However, they compensated me the entire order amount and removed the order from my stats, so it didn't affect me at all.

So, it really depends on the basis for which the order is getting canceled.

I don't mean the order that the CS will agree to cancel. If I cancel the order, it will be mutually canceled, so it won't be removed from my stats.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, tinatino said:

I don't mean the order that the CS will agree to cancel. If I cancel the order, it will be mutually canceled, so it won't be removed from my stats.

It will of course affect your stats, in that case. Your Order Completion Rate will be instantly decreased, and there is a chance that your Success Score will also be impacted (the extent of the impact is uncertain though -- as it depends on many factors including your sales, performance, number of orders per month, number of cancellations etc.) We can never provide a definitive answer on the algorithm, as no one knows exactly how it functions.

It's better to have a talk with customer support. I am sure they will be able to provide some valuable insights by checking your order and situation.

• Like 2