Improve My Gig

anam4designs

19 minutes ago, anam4designs said:

I worked as a graphic designer for the last 4 years. Local clients promised me to pay, but are not paying me. Now I am tired and have started only to work on Fiverr. but not getting orders here. What should I do now? 

First: Stop posting your questions here and there 🙏 

Second: Better to create one thread/topic on your own and post your all questions there. It's annoying to see your questions in every other topic. Please avoid it. :classic_mellow:

• Like 2
  • Up 3

I made an illustrative cartoon video about my introduction for the video but Fiverr denied it. my gigs are de-rankng. I don't know why this happened. I am trying continuously but I have just one order left 4/5. I am struggling and waiting for that order, and I have just $32/400. what can I do now

• Like 2

On 8/17/2024 at 12:42 PM, katakatica said:

Hello all!

It's been a while!

I've been thinking quite a lot about posting this topic for a while, so hopefully, it will prove useful to at least a few people.

Many times, when newcomers post on the forum, more regular sellers tell them to 'stand out' and offer something unique. 

However, I think we don't always specify WHY. 

So... why is being a bit different from the rest so important? 

There are a few answers to this question, but I will tell you the most important one:

Believe it or not, standing out means less competition. 

Whether you do this by having a cool art style that no one else has (like some artists I like ordering from) or by setting up gigs in niches that just aren't too crowded yet, you're making it easier for people who need exactly what you offer to find you!

Now, does this mean that you should offer something no one else is doing?

Yes and...no.

What I do as a TRS is simple. I try to understand what buyers are looking for.

If 3-4-5 people come to me asking for X, I will make a gig about it! Sometimes, it will work out; sometimes, the fad will be over before it's discovered - and that's fine. What matters is trying to cater to my audience. 

Of course, with a brand new account, you don't have this sort of flexibility, and that's okay! However, there are still ways for you to shine.

How can you do that? Honestly, this depends a lot on your niche. But as a writer, I know what I would do. 

If I were to start over on Fiverr, there would be a good number of things I'd have to do differently than when I joined in 2017. 

- I would have to prove my skills. Any bits of old writing I'd had (yes, even the cringy fanfiction from the past) would be displayed proudly on my profile.

- I would also not make a gig image that looks exactly like everyone else's! Come on, is that really the way to go? Don't use a template; be creative! 

- And lastly, I would not stop learning. Day and night, I'd be studying new things I can offer and ways I can be better. I'd be attending writing classes left and right.

Now, would this work out for me? Who knows... But I'd have a chance, at least!

NOTE: That babbling aside, there is one really important thing. When you freelance, you're not just working a regular desk job. You're usually doing something that either requires a lot of creativity, some specific skills, or both.

So don't do something that you don't enjoy because people says you can earn a lot of cash from it. Sell something you are PASSIONATE about, something that you can see yourself selling for many years. 

THAT will also set you apart. 

(disclaimer: this post was written solely by me before my tea/coffee. I used Grammarly to help edit some typos because it's too early for me to see well just yet 😛

If we are making some specific gigs that have some clients but not every person needs that work? like if we have a gig for a restaurant logo. it is for some specific clients, not everyone needs this. Then how should we work for clients to get many orders?

• Like 9

On 8/25/2024 at 10:46 AM, wiki00 said:

i tried this on fiverr 5 years ago and it really worked however after few years the market crowded. when there was not competition so i was getting too many orders.

And can you suggest any tips now?

• Like 7

Just now, melanielm said:

Sharing your gigs in random groups -- and especially ones with the sole purpose of posting gigs -- is useless. They are full of people who only want to post their own gigs, not your target audience. Sharing gigs randomly elsewhere is just spam.

If you want to use social media effectively for marketing, learn how to actually market your business/freelance brand effectively.

How can we learn?

• Like 2

On 9/11/2024 at 8:56 AM, anam4designs said:

How can we learn?

How does one learn anything? Find reputable, high-quality sources of information and study it. Learn how to operate a business as a freelancer. Study marketing. Recognize that there aren't any quick tips and tricks that will make you successful. 

• Like 2