Gig Prices Inconsistent

mhm_editing

Question

Why are my prices showing up differently from what I typed in when I set up the Gig? For example, I put in $85 for the basic editing package but after I published the Gig, it said $123.25. The price is based on words so I need it to be accurate an in CAD.

I want it to be $85 CAD for the basic package, for example. So I tried to convert this to USD as best I could; I set it to $65 USD (because of the 5 dollar increment thing) but now it says $94.36 CAD after I published the Gig. It should have said somewhere closer to $89 CAD.

How am I supposed to explain this pricing to clients? I said it was $10 per 1,000 words, but now I have no idea if that is accurate because Fiverr keeps changing my prices to all these weird numbers. Are they adding on fees or something? There was zero information about this anywhere in the set up process.

I have to be able to make it $10 per 1,000 words or it will look like I'm being dishonest about my prices. This 10 dollar flat rate doesn't include tax or fees, so maybe Fiverr is adding that on automatically? It's very confusing though. I put the numbers in one way, and then when I publish the Gig it comes out as a totally different number! How can I resolve this?

• Like 1
  • Up 1

1 answer to this question

1. We don't have control over forex conversion rates. So set your gig prices in USD and check them in USD after publishing the gig. Quote the prices in USD to the buyers for consistency and ease of doing business. USD to CAD conversion rate will fluctuate everyday but your prices in USD will remain fixed and should be your point of reference always. 

2. Fiverr always adds its fee and local taxes to the gig or custom order price, so the price buyer will see and pay will always be on the higher side. I have never checked or bothered about what price (in local currency) the buyer pays to Fiverr while placing the order - we agree on my quoted price and start the order. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2