Subject: Suggestion for Improved Client Matching for Low-Ranked Gigs

Dear Fiverr Team,

I hope this message finds you well. As an active user of your platform, I have noticed a recurring issue that I believe, if addressed, could significantly enhance the experience for both buyers and sellers on Fiverr.

It has come to my attention that gigs with lower rankings often struggle to gain visibility and attract clients. This creates a cycle where these gigs continue to rank lower due to the lack of engagement, despite the potential high quality of the services offered. I would like to suggest a feature that improves the matching of clients with these lower-ranked gigs to ensure fair exposure and opportunity for all sellers.

Proposal for Enhanced Client Matching:

1. Algorithm Adjustment:

• Implement an algorithm that periodically promotes lower-ranked gigs, giving them a chance to appear in search results and recommendations.
    • Ensure that these gigs are matched with clients whose requirements closely align with the services offered.
  2. Equal Opportunity Visibility:

• Introduce a rotation system where lower-ranked gigs are highlighted in relevant categories for a specific period.
    • Feature a section for “Undiscovered Talent” on the homepage or in search results to showcase new and lower-ranked gigs.
  3. Client Feedback and Incentives:

• Encourage clients to try new or lower-ranked gigs by offering them incentives, such as discounts or rewards for leaving detailed feedback.
    • Collect feedback from these clients to continuously improve the algorithm and matching process.
  4. Quality Assurance:

• Ensure that the promoted lower-ranked gigs meet a minimum quality standard to maintain buyer satisfaction and trust in the platform.
    • Provide resources and guidance to sellers on how to improve their gigs and deliver high-quality services.

By implementing these changes, Fiverr can create a more balanced and inclusive marketplace where all sellers, regardless of their current ranking, have the opportunity to succeed. This approach will not only support new and emerging talent but also enhance the overall diversity and quality of services available to buyers.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I believe that making these adjustments will greatly benefit the Fiverr community and further solidify the platform's reputation as a fair and dynamic marketplace for freelance services.

Best regards,

Wiki

• Like 4

1.    Algorithm Adjustment:
New sellers get a temporary boost from Fiverr, and then it is up to you. If you don’t take advantage of this boost, then your chances to get after the boost in the search results are low.
Fiverr will not change the algorithm because your proposal will reduce their profits.

2.    Equal Opportunity Visibility:
There is a rotation system.
They are not going to fill up the search results with some “undiscovered talents”. They want gigs there that have the potential to sell. They have the “Rising Talent” badge for this already.

3.    Equal Opportunity Visibility:
Fiverr will not give discounts. This will reduce their profits. 

4.    Quality Assurance:
To maintain a minimum quality standard, they need to start weeding out all the sellers with fake information in their profiles and gigs.
How to improve gigs is available in the Fiverr help files and on the forum. Unfortunately, most new sellers get their information from YouTube provided by people who never used Fiverr. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, wiki00 said:

By implementing these changes, Fiverr can create a more balanced and inclusive marketplace where all sellers, regardless of their current ranking, have the opportunity to succeed.

What if - They are ALREADY doing all the things you have suggested but have not officially announced it or added to their TOS page, to avoid marketplace manipulation!! 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

@filipdevaere yeah you are right but nowadays i feel that most of the sellers success score not increasing and they were kept in level 0 where there is no promoted gig option for them, very less exposure in market place so that sellers are affecting too much even if they are sellers with potential of quality work so that sellers are affecting alot.

Back in 2015-2022 their alogrithm were shuffling gigs and i feel that time fiverr was best for new sellers and sellers who were in level 0 stats.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wiki00 said:

i feel that most of the sellers success score not increasing

Yes. The success score changes very slowly or not at all.

I am also in that situation. I am at level 9 and cannot increase the score. Of course, level 9 is not comparable to level 0, but like many others I do not see any movement in my success score. Some scores of my gigs go up or down, but the overall score remains stable.

I think Fiverr will do little or nothing for sellers with level 0. Most of them were rightly given this score and this type of seller does not generate any income for Fiverr. Fiverr is a company that wants to make a profit. That is why they have given many more sellers (some wrongly) the PRO badge. The PRO sellers have to charge higher prices and this of course generates more income for Fiverr.

• Like 2