New member to forum

ulearntuition

Question

I've been a member of Fiverr for less than 24 hours offering tuition in English as a foreign language. 

I've already got someone wanting a lesson and I've got to scan a QR to receive my payment. There is no message from the person wanting the lesson. 

Just want to make sure that this and the QR code is a legit thing and not a scam. I'm very surprised to already get a request like this. 

I appreciate your responses!

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

Hello @ulearntuition 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you.

Watch out, this is a scam. Don't scan that QR code, you will never have to open a link or scan a QR code

a buyer will pay for your service, you don't have to do anything on that part. Please read some articles and video's about scam messages on Fiverr!