Account was flagged/disabled and I don't know why

my3dvizworks

Question

A few days ago I got an email from fiverr saying I needed to verify my identity and that my account has been restricted. The only way to verify this is by phone with a QR code or as SMS link. I tried both methods but the fiverr app doesn't give the option to allow permission to my camera so I can take a picture of my ID. Support ticket was sent (#11907503) and I have yet to receive a response from support. This was two days ago. I have since noticed that my account was flagged for some reason. I have no idea why. I don't know if this is related. but the next day I received an email from fiverr saying my level dropped back down to level 1. I read through the policies and saw nothing that I think I'm guilty of violating. I also read that fiverr issues warnings via email if your account is flagged for inappropriate conduct. I never received such a warning email. After you receive additional warnings, then the account is disabled. Again, I never received one warning, much less 2 or 3 so I don't know what I may have done to get my account disabled. Coincidentally, in the days leading up to my account being restricted, I had been receiving numerous spam messages in my inbox. Several a day actually. I reported these message to support and have not received one since. I can't help but think that some malicious user is being vindictive and purposely flagged my account or something. I rely on this freelance gig as a source of income. I just really need someone to contact me and explain why this has happened and what I can do to resolve this issue. 

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

Hi @my3dvizworks, sorry to read this was the case with your account. Please wait patiently to hear back from the CS team, and avoid creating new tickets on the same subject. Instead, please respond only through the original ticket, and they'll use it as well to get back to you. Let me mention that there's a high volume of new tickets at the moment, so it might take them a bit longer to get to your ticket. Thanks for your patience and good luck 🍀

• Like 2

UPDATE I was finally contacted by customer service about the original issue of not being able to verify my account. I was told that the flagging of my account was most likely an automated response by the system. I was able to do the identity verification and my account has been unsuspended. Everything seems to be back to normal so far.

• Like 1