Bunch of questions about gigs deranking, pricings, promoting outside of fiverr...

mike_shad

Hi there, I am frustrated a lot right now, to be honest. My gigs are completely dead. 2-5 impressions per day already 4 days.

When I just created my gigs it was about 30-40 impressions per day. I was happy about that. Two real clients messaged me withing a week. But when I finally took my first order that fits me I was so happy about that that I turned off my account to fulfill the order perfectly. And now when I got my first 5-star review and turned on my account I was completely deranked, and I am so sad about that and don't know what to do. I tried to edit tags and descriptions about two days ago and currently no effect. My gigs are optimized, and all titles, tags, and descriptions contain search keywords, but why its dead so much, it shouldn't be I successfully completed an order and got a review (((

What should I do? I have an idea to delete gigs that don't have reviews. Will it help? Or that amount of impressions was just a privilege for a new account, not for new gigs? Does anybody know that? Should I just wait to see some positive movements or change something like the title, images, add packages, etc? Or maybe I should start using some page reloaders? Can it help? Or maybe I should change pricing? I set it to the lowest rate - 5-10 dollars. And it's for any complexity full WordPress website. Btw I wanted to ask if it's good pricing for a beginner gigs? I am sure that I can create any complexity, quality website, so maybe I should set at least 50$ per project so as not to look fishy? What is the best practice for the start? Please look at my gigs and tell me are they look good, or if I can make them better. Or maybe I should add video? Does video affect algorithms? Or maybe I should start promoting myself outside of fiverr? I tried to share my other exchange profile in Facebook groups, but only what I got were several scammers (((

Is there someone who has clients using facebook groups? Should I continue to try it? Also maybe I should try cold emailing? Lots of the LinkedIn profiles I find are serious businesses that already have a website, they are not just started. But even if they don't have a website, such serious businesses will not give their website in the hands of someone who does not too many projects, I have a portfolio, but its two projects right now, so I can count only on start-ups. Maybe should I start messaging almost random business owners on Facebook? So how can I find clients? Please help!!! I am really in need of advices from experienced freelancers. I really want to become a top freelancer.

• Like 6

• Pausing the gig can have negative impact on its visibility.
  • Fiverr provides the 'initial burst' to new gigs but then it is up to the seller's performance to take the business forward.  
  • Profile exchange or even favouriting each other's gig is just a dumb idea, prpogated by 'external fiverr experts' who know nothing about the platform. 
  • Gig videos are helpful, add FAQ's also to the gig. 
  • High pricing is not a bad thing if you're skilled and experienced. Eventually, you will find buyers who are good at evaluating the sellers and are ready to pay. 
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2024 at 9:26 AM, priyank_mod said:
  • Pausing the gig can have negative impact on its visibility.
  • Fiverr provides the 'initial burst' to new gigs but then it is up to the seller's performance to take the business forward.  
  • Profile exchange or even favouriting each other's gig is just a dumb idea, prpogated by 'external fiverr experts' who know nothing about the platform. 
  • Gig videos are helpful, add FAQ's also to the gig. 
  • High pricing is not a bad thing if you're skilled and experienced. Eventually, you will find buyers who are good at evaluating the sellers and are ready to pay. 

No, no, no, no, I didn't exchange profiles with anyone, I meant profiles from other exchanges (Upwork, Freelancer, etc). I was just showing my profile to clients. (not too good english) Sooooo you just say I am in an a*****e and can't do anything with that...  Are you sure that initial burst is for new gigs but not for new account? Okay, so I will go and recreate my gigs. I will be completely dead if it will not have any positive effect. I am skilled and confident that I can create any website but I am not too experienced, so does it has a purpose to set rates to 50 or even more? Also video is helpful for algorithms or only for chances that buyers will make an order? Also, I would be very grateful if you say a few words about promoting out of fiverr? Have you done it before? Do you know some effective ways? Sorry for lots of questions but I would be grateful if you find a minute to answer. 

Edited by mike_shad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mike_shad said:

Are you sure that initial burst is for new gigs but not for new account?

Algorithm accounts only for the gigs. Vintage/age of seller's account doesn't matter. But at the same point of time, it not advisable to create new gigs constantly. If your gig has received an order, it means it is capable of receiving in future also - PATIENCE is the key. It took me 6 months to get my FIRST order on Fiverr and then there used to gaps of weeks between subsequent orders till it got a little consistent. 

Also video is helpful for algorithms or only for chances that buyers will make an order?

Video is for the buyer primarily. But algorithm favours the gig which UTILISES all the utilities provided in the gig creation section. 

Also, I would be very grateful if you say a few words about promoting out of fiverr?

No, I have never shared my gig outside with anyone. All the traffic and orders have been organic, through the platform. All old sellers will also tell you that it doesn't help or works. Though, Fiverr encourages it because it creates the possibility of driving new buyers through our socials to the platform. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1