Your professions questions answered

Following last month's announcement of the new professions feature, we wanted to take some time to address some of the most frequently asked questions. 

Q: What are the benefits and advantages of adding a profession on Fiverr offer compared to Gigs?

A: Fiverr professions are different from Gigs in multiple ways, and open up more opportunities to expand your reach to buyers, and get more inquiries. Unlike Gigs, where clients can purchase predefined services, professions require clients to start a conversation with you first before any purchase is made. This will allow you to discuss project details and set expectations from the start, tailor your services, and determine pricing based on what each client needs.

Professions also highlight specialized skills, expertise, and experience more prominently on a dedicated profession page, helping you showcase yourself as industry experts, making it easier to attract clients looking for specific knowledge and capabilities.

—---

Q: If I fail the identity verification, will I be locked out of my account?

A: No, there is no need to worry, as you have multiple attempts to verify your identity. If you need an additional attempt, it will not affect your access to your account. You have 14 days to complete the identity verification flow. Feel free to reach out to Customer Support for assistance.

—---

Q: Why do I need to verify my identity?

A: ID verification significantly enhances clients’ confidence and marketplace security. Undergoing this process boosts your credibility and supports higher-stakes transactions, fostering a culture of transparency and trust.

—---

Q: Are clients able to purchase the "professions" service directly without a conversation or will it be based on custom offers?

A: Clients are not able to purchase profession services directly. Instead, they are directed to initiate a conversation with the freelancer to discuss their specific project needs and receive a custom offer. This approach ensures that services can be tailored precisely to the client's requirements, promoting better alignment and successful project outcomes.

—---

Q: Could you please explain what the banner "To ensure a fair marketplace, the price shown is based on your orders from the past year and will adjust dynamically with your activity, setting a baseline for quotes" means exactly? How will this affect sellers in practice?

A: The banner indicates that Fiverr sets a starting price for your services based on your past year's order history and adjusts it dynamically with your activity on the platform. This starting price will appear on your profession listing, but it is not binding. You will have the freedom to choose how you price your services when a customer reaches out.

It's important to note that professions on Fiverr will work differently from Gigs. When customers click into a profession, they will be prompted to contact you first for a custom quote, where you can assess project needs and define the price you see fit.

• Like 52
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 6

• Kesha locked this topic
  • Kesha featured this topic