Question

sifdin17

Question

On 7/5/2024 at 11:27 AM, filipdevaere said:

Hi Filip, isn't that a good thing to do, being online from time to time can increase visibility, especially when someone filters online sellers on search. if you disagree we would love to know you opinion on this. Thanks

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, sifdin17 said:

especially when someone filters online sellers on search.

Staying online continuously is pointless in my opinion and hardly yields anything. Use the app and spend your time doing useful things.

Remember that many buyers who want immediate help from someone online at the time are the most dangerous buyers. These buyers are usually demanding and want a very low price because they know that many online sellers are desperate for a (first) order.

Sellers who have fallen into that trap then return to the forum with their (horror) stories. I avoid these types of buyers because getting into trouble is guaranteed. If a buyer cannot wait a half day until I answer his message, then he can search for another victim, it’s not going to be me.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

7 minutes ago, sifdin17 said:

Hi Filip, isn't that a good thing to do, being online from time to time can increase visibility, especially when someone filters online sellers on search. if you disagree we would love to know you opinion on this. Thanks

Every week atleast 50 NEW sellers come here and ask the same question and mostly they are provided with answers!! 

And yet all of them believe that they are doing something incredibly pathbreaking by being online and advising others to do it too. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Remember that many buyers who want immediate help from someone online at the time are the most dangerous buyers.

I see your point and agree with it, It's true that some buyers who demand immediate help can be challenging and may seek lower prices, trying to exploit sellers who are desperate for orders. but not all of them fall into this category. There are also buyers who genuinely need urgent help and are willing to pay a fair price for prompt service. (especially in my category).

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, sifdin17 said:

I see your point and agree with it, It's true that some buyers who demand immediate help can be challenging and may seek lower prices, trying to exploit sellers who are desperate for orders. but not all of them fall into this category. There are also buyers who genuinely need urgent help and are willing to pay a fair price for prompt service. (especially in my category).

I agree with that, but unfortunately this is the minority. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, priyank_mod said:

Every week atleast 50 NEW sellers come here and ask the same question and mostly they are provided with answers!! 

And yet all of them believe that they are doing something incredibly pathbreaking by being online and advising others to do it too. 

Hi, thank you for your response, I am not a new Seller here, but like i said i noticed that staying active (Not 24/7 of course ) on the platform can also boost your chances of being noticed. Buyers use Fiverr search and when they see the option to filter with Online Sellers they do, why isn't this helping!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, sifdin17 said:

Hi, thank you for your response, I am not a new Seller here

Yes, after replying to you, I noticed that you're older than me on the platform. 🙈

It might work in a few categories, which generate heavy traffic for the jobs, which can be done in a couple of hours or may be less. But quality work can't be delivered by being perpetually online or long term business can't be built with this filter either. So this practice would exclude most of the categories and sellers on Fiverr. 

• Like 5