Seeking Expert Advice on Returning to Fiverr

mahfuzsaim9

Hello!

After taking a break from Fiverr, I'm diving back into the freelance world and I'm curious if there have been any changes to the Buyer Request feature. It used to be a valuable tool for finding orders in new gigs but I am not getting it on my dashboard.

If you've been active recently, could you share any insights or updates on the current state of the Buyer Request option? Has there been any noticeable improvement, or perhaps some new features added?

Your input would be greatly appreciated as I navigate my way back into the Fiverr community. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences! 

Thank you everyone.

• Like 7

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone,

I started working on Fiverr in 2019 in the email marketing industry. I had to stop due to academic pressures, and at that time, I was a Level 1 seller.

Now, I am considering returning to Fiverr. I have gained more experience in email marketing and have also learned expertized web development over the past few years.

Here are my questions:

1. Should I provide services in two different industries?
  2. Will my old account still receive orders?
  3. What is your opinion on how I should restart?

Thank you for your advice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, everyone.

I am back on Fiverr after a very long time and am struggling to get my first order. I have created a new gig and edited my existing gigs as well. The main problem now is that I am not getting any clicks on the gigs. I know it’s possibly due to the thumbnails, but I am confused about how I can improve them. Besides, I haven't received a single brief so far. I reactivated the gigs on June 26th.

In this circumstance, I am asking for help from the experienced people on this amazing forum to start my journey again smoothly.

Thank you.

image.png.80a7793e7f2dcf7ec0f5ac0ee4f5541e.png

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

@mahfuzsaim9 I looked at your profile. Here is what stood out to me from a buyer's standpoint. 

1. Your profile write-up is correct.

2. You offer unlimited revisions, which can make you look desperate.

3. It's crucial to update your profile to reflect your current status. For instance, your last review is from four years ago, but there's no mention of your absence from Fiverr during this time. This could lead a buyer to question your credibility as a qualified seller. 

4.  I like that you have your image on your B2B Lead Generation Gig rather than some random person. It lets the buyer put a face to who they are working with. 

5.  Much has changed on Fiverr since you were last active on the platform. Fiverr now recommends that your picture be on all of your gig images and it is missing from your other gigs. Plus, there is nothing special about those images that makes them stand out from the other sellers who offer the same services.  

Best of luck getting noticed on Fiverr because it is not easy. The number of sellers has doubled and tripled in some areas, and I have read that the number of buyers has decreased.  

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, mahfuzsaim9 said:

Hello, everyone.

I am back on Fiverr after a very long time and am struggling to get my first order. I have created a new gig and edited my existing gigs as well. The main problem now is that I am not getting any clicks on the gigs. I know it’s possibly due to the thumbnails, but I am confused about how I can improve them. Besides, I haven't received a single brief so far. I reactivated the gigs on June 26th.

In this circumstance, I am asking for help from the experienced people on this amazing forum to start my journey again smoothly.

Thank you.

image.png.80a7793e7f2dcf7ec0f5ac0ee4f5541e.png

Optimize your Gigs titles & descriptions.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Hello, If you are getting lack of clicks then I can suggest you something. Here are some tips for you.

1. First of all optimize your gigs. Change your gig description. Write a good description which is optimized by seo.
  2. Secondly you can share your gigs on Social media. That will increase your visibility on Fiverr as well.
  3. Last and final thing I will say. See your competitors gig image and see yours. If you feel its good enough that's fine. But if you feel that's needs to be changed then please change it. You can do it yourself or you can search a good Graphic Designer who can do the job for you.

Hope this tips will work for you. Thank you.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

@mahfuzsaim9 I looked at your profile. Here is what stood out to me from a buyer's standpoint. 

1. Your profile write-up is correct.

2. You offer unlimited revisions, which can make you look desperate.

3. It's crucial to update your profile to reflect your current status. For instance, your last review is from four years ago, but there's no mention of your absence from Fiverr during this time. This could lead a buyer to question your credibility as a qualified seller. 

4.  I like that you have your image on your B2B Lead Generation Gig rather than some random person. It lets the buyer put a face to who they are working with. 

5.  Much has changed on Fiverr since you were last active on the platform. Fiverr now recommends that your picture be on all of your gig images and it is missing from your other gigs. Plus, there is nothing special about those images that makes them stand out from the other sellers who offer the same services.  

Best of luck getting noticed on Fiverr because it is not easy. The number of sellers has doubled and tripled in some areas, and I have read that the number of buyers has decreased.  

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I will improve on the points you mentioned.

• Like 3

I am asking about how I can improve the gigs as I think everything is alright. But most of the comments are general advice like improve your title, description, and other stuff. So what's the meaning of these comments?

I saw some people promoting that staying active on Fiverr Forum helps to get orders. I don't know if it is the result of this meaningless point!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mahfuzsaim9 said:

So what's the meaning of these comments?

These are the standard answers that everyone gives. These are usually listed because they have nothing else useful to say.

It's not really a wrong answer per se, but your gigs don't have to be perfect to be successful. Check this out:

7 hours ago, mahfuzsaim9 said:

I saw some people promoting that staying active on Fiverr Forum helps to get orders.

Staying online won't help you at all. I get orders while I sleep. I can guarantee you that I am not online when I sleep.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

It's not really a wrong answer per se, but your gigs don't have to be perfect to be successful. Check this out:

Staying online won't help you at all. I get orders while I sleep. I can guarantee you that I am not online when I sleep.

I checked your post, and your journey was impressive.

The thing I am struggling with is that the buyer request system is not available now. In 2019, when I started, I got my first order on the 16th day and became a Level 1 seller in 4 months. When I turned off availability, I was getting messages and orders automatically without staying active or doing anything else, even without sending buyer requests. I also had the ability to get responses from at least 2 out of 10 buyer request posts and convert at least 1 every one or two days. Now, I don't have the access to show myself in front of the buyers. I have received not a single brief so far, and I have no idea how Fiverr distributes the briefs among the freelancers.

• Like 2