ok this is getting beyond ridicolous

Honestly I'm still on fiverr because I still get order thanks to my more than 260 5 stars reviews, but the new level system is just BS...in attachment you can see the performances of my most successful gig, I have a conversion rate of almost the 49%!!! Basically all the customers leave a tip and a 5 stars review and they recommend me to their friends...so how is it possible that I have bad private reviews?

This thing has to change or I will migrate to Upwork or other websites...this is insulting to all the people who had worked hard for years...

CleanShot 2024-06-04 at 14.12.45@2x.png

• Like 2
  • Up 2

22 minutes ago, fixxapp said:

This thing has to change or I will migrate to Upwork or other websites...this is insulting to all the people who had worked hard for years...

We are not hired by Fiverr and they do look at our performance.

I think in your case the main issue is that 1 star review you had a month ago. It doesn't seem you are a high volume seller, so if that person left you a bad private review and they are the only one who left you a private review, obviously that's a very bad thing. As I keep telling a lot of sellers here, people don't realize that not everyone leaves a private review. And if someone unhappy leaves one, that might be your only, or one of the few private reviews you have. These private reviews hold a lot of weight. And obviously they can have a very negative impact. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

We are not hired by Fiverr and they do look at our performance.

I think in your case the main issue is that 1 star review you had a month ago. It doesn't seem you are a high volume seller, so if that person left you a bad private review and they are the only one who left you a private review, obviously that's a very bad thing. As I keep telling a lot of sellers here, people don't realize that not everyone leaves a private review. And if someone unhappy leaves one, that might be your only, or one of the few private reviews you have. These private reviews hold a lot of weight. And obviously they can have a very negative impact. 

so I make like 2500$ per month and a bad review months ago takes me to level 0? how is it fair? we not hired by fiverr but we pay a fee to them...btw since this new level system was put on I went to level 2 seller to 0...

Edited by fixxapp
  • Like 1

Just now, fixxapp said:

a bad review months ago takes me to level 0? how is it fair? we not hired by fiverr but we pay a fee to them...

It depends on the amount of reviews you have man. Obviously 1 bad review out of 10 is worse than 1 out of 100. So having higher volume does help here. It's always been like that on the platform. 

And as I said, it is a platform. They won't guarantee sales or anything and if you get a bad review, then you will end up suffering from that for quite some time. Last year around this time I had around 5 months without bad reviews publicly, but my success manager said at the time that my private reviews were not similar to what I was receiving publicly. So yeah, a lot of people just check their public reviews and say everything is fine, but many buyers either don't bother leaving reviews, they leave random private reviews, or they were specifically unhappy and didn't want to leave a public review due to the seller harrassing them. Which did happen in the past. 

I always encourage everyone to have multiple sources of income. I see why Fiverr went with this review system, because it's very difficult for buyers to choose a seller if everyone has 5 stars and they are level 2. So yeah, anything that's bad feedback will damage our presence on the platform.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, fixxapp said:

btw since this new level system was put on I went to level 2 seller to 0...

I get it man. I am slowly not relying as much on Fiverr because things have become volatile. That was the reason behind this new review system anyway, to not have everyone with perfect stats. There are less buyers anyway, and they are not wasting time going through thousands of reviews to see which person is better.  So yeah, if you have one bad review or more, there are severe consequences. Especially if you don't have a lot of sales, it's even harder. That's why I say to everyone.. expand, have a presence anywhere you can in your niche. A lot of people here act like they are hired by Fiverr, one dude said he expected compensation because he doesn't have work :))) like Fiverr hired him and promised him work.

Edited by donnovan86

11 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

A lot of people here act like they are hired by Fiverr, one dude said he expected compensation because he doesn't have work :))) like Fiverr hired him and promised him work.

😶 whaat!, I think these people don't read the intros, they just looking for the green signup button and thinking of Fiverr as an employer not a tool with rules to get buyers.

20 minutes ago, nitro86 said:

😶 whaat!, I think these people don't read the intros, they just looking for the green signup button and thinking of Fiverr as an employer not a tool with rules to get buyers.

Unfortunately there are lots of people like this, they don't even understand what a freelancer is, and I am sure some don't even pay their taxes properly, thinking Fiverr does that for them. 

19 minutes ago, fighter_spirit said:

Are you sure that 'bad private review' is the issue?

In the case of this OP, he did have a very bad review a month ago, so that might be one of the reasons. No one has access to all the data like Fiverr does, so we can only speculate.

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Unfortunately there are lots of people like this, they don't even understand what a freelancer is, and I am sure some don't even pay their taxes properly, thinking Fiverr does that for them. 

In the case of this OP, he did have a very bad review a month ago, so that might be one of the reasons. No one has access to all the data like Fiverr does, so we can only speculate.

dude I have been working as a freelancer for agencies in london for 15 years, fiverr is my side hustle 🙂 so maybe you don't. know what a freelancer is, I don't think fiverr hired me, I just think the new level system is BS....