New to gigs and fiverr - any ideas why this is happening?

holdenmcconnell

Question

Ok so, as above new to using fiverr for listing gigs as the team have always used word of mouth before working part time on writing all things recruitment based. Fiverr was reccomended to move into as a alternative to a website so we decided to try.

Having made a trial gig to make sure it does what is wanted and to make sure we have all the aspects written and ready to go, we have run into a weird issue...

Mainly we are in the UK and changed the currency to UK £ before doing the gig, got to the payment part and the gig was in US$ so out we went to check the profile and yep it was in US$ again. So it was changed back to UK£ four times and each time the gig and profile converted back to US$.

Help via the help centre has been asked for but wanted to see if anyone here has had that issue?

Also we published the gig to see if it would then convert to UK £ once out but it is still US $ and no idea how to fix this issue.

Finally we tried to delete the gig because its got the wrong prices on due to the US$ conversion to UK£ which is not what we want people to see. The gig has no option to delete, it can be shared, editied and saved only...

So does anyone have any ideas what is going on and why the currency is resetting to US $?

Thank you for reading this far!

Holden McConnell

Currency issue 2.jpg

• Like 6

3 answers to this question

Hi @holdenmcconnell, welcome to Fiverr Forum! I've edited your post since one of the screenshots had your email address, which is a violation of both our Terms of Service and Forum Rules. Please read through them, to avoid any violations in the future, since they'll lead to a restricted/blocked account. When you take a look at a Gig as a buyer, the currency is the one set on your buyer account, not the one the seller initially put on their Gig. For example, I see the cost as €49, since the currency on my buyer account is €. Feel free to read this for more info, hope it helps. Good luck 🍀

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ana_tomy said:

Hi @holdenmcconnell, welcome to Fiverr Forum! I've edited your post since one of the screenshots had your email address, which is a violation of both our Terms of Service and Forum Rules. Please read through them, to avoid any violations in the future, since they'll lead to a restricted/blocked account. When you take a look at a Gig as a buyer, the currency is the one set on your buyer account, not the one the seller initially put on their Gig. For example, I see the cost as €49, since the currency on my buyer account is €. Feel free to read this for more info, hope it helps. Good luck 🍀

Hello and thanks for the reply, didnt notice the screenshot showed the email otherwise it would have been blocked out, the terms of service were read and apart from not noticing the email address the post complied.

This isnt what the post was about unfortunatly, we are in the UK, the curerncy for buying and selling was set to UK£. The gig was created and its defaulted for our UK view as US$ this means the pricing is wrong as it is not in UK£ so when its viewed from the fiverr site and converts to UK£ it is the wrong amount. That isnt going to instill confidence in a buyer if we cant even get the pricing right and have to email them saying its wrong. Also where would we stand with consumer rights if the website is creating the gig in the wrong currency for where we are? Do we have to honor the price? Will we have to pay for the UK£ to be convered to US$ because the listing is in that currency and then pay a second time to convert it back to UK£ so it can be withdrawn?

The main issue is that having the seller account default to US$ when we set it to our currency of UK£ means that the pricing we are setting is incorrect and we cannot delete or amend the currency segment of the gig to try and fix the issue.

Images now with blocked out email to show that the account was in UK£ but the gig is in US$ and then so is the account if the gig is showing on the page....

How do you cancel a gig? it must be possible to do so yet there is no option that can be found.

Currency issue 2.jpg

Currency issue 3.jpg

• Like 4