Free eBook: The Participation Trophy Generation: A Guide to Modern Inactivity and the Art of Achieving Nothing

smashradio

Posted (edited)

Since @Kesha really wanted my book to become a reality, I decided to actually write it.

Ok, it's a guide to modern inactivity, and since I really champion achieving absolute nothing throughout, I used AI to write it for me.

I think that will be heartwarming to certain people who have seen my dislike of certain AI use cases here on the forum, especially given that I was directly told by the forum management to be more open minded. Can't say no to that! 🙃

So here it goes: The Participation Trophy Generation: A Guide to Modern Inactivity and the Art of Achieving Nothing, by yours truly (and mostly ChatGPT). 

Can be downloaded here for a few days, then it's gone. Get it while you can! https://we.tl/t-i1tflJqLsg

Thanks to @emmaki for turning it from a boring Word document into what I can only call the most awesome book cover evah. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

As someone with a recently-failed book launch (the free guide thing), I feel it is my duty to remind you that the forum hates PDFs.

You'll need to go and fight with WeTransfer and get a very spammy-looking link that will expire in like, 10 days. It's brilliant that this is one of Fiverr's approved URLs, especially since it helps dodgy sellers to facilitate things that are illegal under the TOS without Fiverr knowing... if they don't notice for 10 days. Another win for #TeamFiverr!

Alternatively, you can't download my ebook anymore (so this isn't a shameless promotion) because of WeTransfer.

tl;dr: WeTransfer is FiverrCorp's premier choice for sharing files for some reason I don't really understand considering the way it works, but that's Fiverr for you.

Please excuse the terrible formatting in the eBook. I spent 5 minutes on it. Still, not bad for around 10 minutes work in total eh, Smash?

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, emmaki said:

As someone with a recently-failed book launch (the free guide thing), I feel it is my duty to remind you that the forum hates PDFs.

You'll need to go and fight with WeTransfer and get a very spammy-looking link that will expire in like, 10 days. It's brilliant that this is one of Fiverr's approved URLs, especially since it helps dodgy sellers to facilitate things that are illegal under the TOS without Fiverr knowing... if they don't notice for 10 days. Another win for #TeamFiverr!

Alternatively, you can't download my ebook anymore (so this isn't a shameless promotion) because of WeTransfer.

tl;dr: WeTransfer is FiverrCorp's premier choice for sharing files for some reason I don't really understand considering the way it works, but that's Fiverr for you.

Please excuse the terrible formatting in the eBook. I spent 5 minutes on it. Still, not bad for around 10 minutes work in total eh, Smash?

I guess I'm now part of the Recently Failed Book Launch club at this point. But now the book is finally on WeTransfer, thanks to you guiding the way towards the three dots. 

image.png.1736e32a97a620d214433bfcd416e510.png

Not bad at all - the work we put into this thing is a true achievement in the art of achieving nothing. Practice what you preach, I say!

• Like 4

I hate to say it, but my book - entirely written by hand and occasionally-sound human judgement - had a much more successful failed book launch than your failed book launch. 

What does this mean?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, emmaki said:

I hate to say it, but my book - entirely written by hand and occasionally-sound human judgement - had a much more successful failed book launch than your failed book launch. 

What does this mean?

It must mean that people are not yet open minded enough about AI. 

25 Funniest Lord of The Rings Memes That Only Its True Fans Will Understand

• Like 4