Profile about me

mark_fiedeldey

Question

5 answers to this question

7 hours ago, mark_fiedeldey said:

I am unable to get to a screen that allows me to edit the about me description that a buyer sees.

Thanks for any help.

I don't know then sorry. The description it's showing there seems to be the from the same field it take the description when I view my profile and in the page source it seems to be from the same place, ""description":" bit. Maybe it's a bug somewhere.

What you could do is save the current "about me" text in a document on your PC for backup, then add a line or 2 in the "description" box above and see where it shows it (does it add to the current one or does it start new, if so you still have the backup text).

Or you could ask Fiverr staff - you could contact customer support at the help desk and they could give you a better answer or maybe tag one of the staff members on the forum if the question doesn't get answered fully on the forum.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

On the profile page when logged in, scroll down to where it says "Description" and on the right of "Description" it says "Edit Description". Click that. Edit there. Click "Update".

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3

Thanks for the response @uk1000.  However, I'm not seeing what I think I should be seeing.

When I view my gig as a buyer, I see

image.png.0cab36be79ff3284732ac6ca7971a7a5.png

I need to make changes to the info enclosed in red.  When I log in and go to edit my profile,  I have

image.png.0b4ec8eb60fc42e43419983506dd6ae8.png

And when I click on the edit description, I get

image.png.98f73a946202fe72b4b3f1a8d356b8bc.png

I am unable to get to a screen that allows me to edit the about me description that a buyer sees.

Thanks for any help.

Mark

• Like 3

@uk1000, I entered a sentence into the "edit description" field and then checked the profile and the sentence was not added but rather replaced the entire description.  Clearly, the "edit description" function does not allow edits.  So I simply retyped my description from scratch and all is well now.  Thanks again for the suggestion.

• Like 3
  • Up 2