Why Do Buyers Vanish After Contact?

techrservices

Question

Hey everyone,

I've been noticing something lately and I'm curious if others have experienced the same. I've had a few buyers reach out to me for my services, we have a great initial conversation, and then... silence. Even when they've read my message.

It's got me scratching my head a bit. I totally get that life gets busy and priorities shift, but I'm left wondering if there's something I'm missing or if this is just par for the course.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, how do you handle it? I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Looking forward to the discussion!

• Like 3

5 answers to this question

Are these really legitimate buyers -- or just scam artists hoping you'd fall for their "sweet talk"? I routinely get dozens of messages from "buyers" wanting various services (usually generic messages including some services I don't even offer). They always want contact off the Fiverr platform (usually Telegram) -- promise the moon and other nonsense. Fortunately, most of the time, their accounts have been blocked so that I can't even answer them (which is great). The few times where I directed them to engage me through my Fiverr gig, absolutely none responded. That just screams "SCAM" in my ear, loud and clear.

If you are getting messages from seemingly legitimate sources, that are discussing real projects, real scope and expectations, yet backing out without explanation -- there may be something about the gig terms that they don't like. Again, this may also be a more "experienced" scammer seeing how far they can get.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mark_sgp said:

Are these really legitimate buyers -- or just scam artists hoping you'd fall for their "sweet talk"? I routinely get dozens of messages from "buyers" wanting various services (usually generic messages including some services I don't even offer). They always want contact off the Fiverr platform (usually Telegram) -- promise the moon and other nonsense. Fortunately, most of the time, their accounts have been blocked so that I can't even answer them (which is great). The few times where I directed them to engage me through my Fiverr gig, absolutely none responded. That just screams "SCAM" in my ear, loud and clear.

If you are getting messages from seemingly legitimate sources, that are discussing real projects, real scope and expectations, yet backing out without explanation -- there may be something about the gig terms that they don't like. Again, this may also be a more "experienced" scammer seeing how far they can get.

Even Buyer select buyers do this pathetic act the most. They didn't asked to contact outside fiverr, just message me once and then went dead. It frustrates me and eats my attention and time.

Edited by techrservices
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, techrservices said:

Even Buyer select buyers do this pathetic act the most. They didn't asked to contact outside fiverr, just message me once and then went dead. It frustrates me and eats my attention and time.

Hmmm -- that sounds a little disingenuous on the part of the buyer, and unprofessional. Maybe they were just "shopping around" for similar services -- maybe they wanted a few quotes on similar offerings, etc. If so, they could theoretically return to engage you if your gig turns out to be a better deal than others they evaluated...but it's a bit of a "yellow flag" to me.

Edited by mark_sgp
  • Like 3

I've started experiencing this as well. They contact you, you reply immediately, and then poof - they ghost you. And they ghost you even before you can offer them a price! And even so if you send out a custom offer, they vanish after that. A basic no thank you, I've changed my mind would be highly appreciated. They should have a metric system like us, sellers - and if they aren't replying they should be "judged" by the system as well, not just us.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, techrservices said:

Hey everyone,

I've been noticing something lately and I'm curious if others have experienced the same. I've had a few buyers reach out to me for my services, we have a great initial conversation, and then... silence. Even when they've read my message.

It's got me scratching my head a bit. I totally get that life gets busy and priorities shift, but I'm left wondering if there's something I'm missing or if this is just par for the course.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, how do you handle it? I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Looking forward to the discussion!

Hi there.

I have experienced the same since the beginning of my Fiverr journey. I would say that 60% of buyers (or more) who reached me out asked details about my services, discussed then vanished.

I am used to it, and do not really mind about it at all because I think it's like shopping; they ask then if it is not suitable to them, they go. Some will say thank you, some will just go.

• Like 4