Unfair rating experience

As a Level One seller, I've consistently delivered top-notch service, evident in the glowing feedback and five-star ratings I've received from over 20 satisfied clients in the past 20 days alone. Despite this, a recent encounter has left me disheartened.

I completed an order for a single-page translation with utmost precision, ensuring accuracy at every step. However, upon delivery acceptance, the buyer expressed disappointment, citing a preference for an Iranian translator. Despite my reassurances of the translation's accuracy and request for feedback on any perceived errors, the buyer remained unresponsive.

To my dismay, I was subsequently rated with one star and received negative feedback, unjustly criticizing my skills as a writer and translator. This unwarranted rating has had a detrimental impact on my account, evident in the sudden absence of client inquiries.

This experience raises concerns about the presence of prejudice in our community. It is disheartening to be penalized solely based on nationality rather than the quality of work delivered. I seek your guidance on navigating this setback and mitigating its adverse effects on my account.

Will be happy to have your advice here! 

• Like 6

Well it seems the person was looking for a specific dialect, if I understand correctly. There's nothing you can do because ratings are final. And the buyer has an option to leave a private review too, which will further damage your account and ranking. But as I said, that's final and nothing that you can do regarding this order.

However, make sure to ask people about dialects and things like that in the future. Because you never know what people might want, so what I would do in your case is to improve the order questionnaire and also create a list with gig-related things that you want to ask your buyer if possible.

• Like 5

You can't do anything to change the review, but you can respond to the review and leave your side of the story. I recently got a relatively negative review and posted my response on there explaining the situation. I've even had customers since then comment on it during our initial conversations and praise my handling of the situation.

• Like 4