Fake buyer

Yesterday night a buyer knocked me . As a new seller I couldn't understand that he is a fake buyer. after some discussion he give me a file that was a rar file. i think we all know what is rar file and why someone use that. so then I clearly understood that he Is fake and that's why i reported to fiverr so that it's will not hamper my fiverr profile then i blocked him. so as a new seller we have to understand that i we are the main target of a hacker so don't fall into a fake buyers trap. and if any buyer knock you then quickly report to fiverr and block him. best wish for you and best wish for new seller same to me. 

Thank you. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just a heads up for all the new sellers out there: be cautious of fake buyers trying to scam you.

If someone seems fishy, report them to Fiverr right away and block them.

Our collective effort can help us lessen this problem. So, please do your part!

Wishing you all the best, and stay safe out there!

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I always take a look at Buyers profile that the Buyer already done any job with other sellers or not, does he have any ratings from sellers or not. If the Buyer is new to fiverr and doesn't have work history then I just follow the communication with the Buyer and how it flows. The best thing is, you didn't open the rar file and reached out to support so eventually everything was safe from your end.

• Like 4