Revision Requests

azimm1979

Question

Why can buyers request a revision on orders that don't include revisions? This seems like something very basic that should be addressed by Fiverr. I've had two orders in the past week send revision requests when the order they made do not include revisions. 

• Like 5

1 answer to this question

51 minutes ago, azimm1979 said:

Why can buyers request a revision on orders that don't include revisions? This seems like something very basic that should be addressed by Fiverr. I've had two orders in the past week send revision requests when the order they made do not include revisions. 

Because you never know if the seller might drop the ball and give you something totally off from what you asked for. Having the option to tell the seller to step it up and deliver what they promised is a must-have for buyers.Sure, you can always contact support when things go sideways, but Fiverr want to keep those things automated, encouraging buyers and sellers to sort stuff out on their own. Asking for a revision is one way to handle it, and honestly, I get why buyers would be jittery about ordering from a seller they don't know without having some sort of safety net in place.

But I'm not a fan of how it's set up. In theory, a buyer could keep asking for revisions forever. That's exactly why you've got to vet your buyers to weed out the troublemakers beforehand. 

I've been on the platform for a decade, and this has only happened to me a couple of times. So, if you're good at spotting the dodgy buyers, you're less likely to run into this. Upping your prices is another smart move – in my experience you'll have far fewer headaches working with serious people, and their budget can often be an indication of just how serious they are. It's the penny pinchers you've got to watch out for. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
  • Up 1