So, You Know How Fiverr and UW Like to Copy Each Other....?

emmaki

I found myself wondering what UW's current feedback systems look like from a buyer perspective. 2 minutes of sloppy research later, I found this on Twitter, posted by an UW buyer in 2022. I'm too lazy to continue research and see if this is the same review system they have today, because I think the image speaks volumes. 

There you go Fiverr. "Quality of Work". Not "Value of Delivery". I realize you didn't want to look like you were totally ripping off UW, but rewriting isn't just "replace a word with a similar word". We can also see that the "total score" looks suspiciously like the one being tested at the moment. You see what they don't have, Fiverr? That's right, a childish emoji system. Just 10 boring clicky bits on a normal No > Yes scale.

Do you see, Fiverr? Probably. Will you ignore this? Yes. Will you tell everyone how much you listened while you changed 3 words to mean something completely different to the thing you wanted to rip off, making yourself look absolutely ridiculous? Did your AI come up with this rewrite because it's not a human and it thought this was a cool word substitute? 

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

Dear me. Well, here's what UW forum badwords told community members who pretty much said everything that we are saying now back in 2015. 

I must say, if the exceptions in the middle para are correct, UW has a more lenient system... 

Mind you, not so much AI everywhere back then. 

image.png.c6caaffbc7664845b95734ccd6ddf54a.png

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 4

I did a little bit more research, since 2015 is obviously when dinosaurs (humans) still roamed the earth freely. These are screenshots from a video made this year teaching buyers how to leave feedback on UW. 

First up, some potential candidates for private reviews (this is the private review section). Please take note Fiverr if you're running out of ideas:

image.png.520d622ba28f1e09e37bb26a7b5fed87.png

The videomaker then shifted about untrustworthily in his chair and ruined my trust in his integrity and judgement by demonstrating how the public reviews worked. Clearly, he hasn't read the research
image.png.08dac43d31fef4421defbe3fef612eaf.png

Oh, what's happened to quality of work? Oh, now it is quality of requirements. Pay attention, Fiverr. That's asking if the seller was good at asking for what they needed without wasting everyone's time. That penalizes bad sellers. It doesn't penalize good sellers who are on top of their game. Value for Money/of Delivery...

....Yes, are you seeing it now? 
image.png.bc0e6fdc288c87976e4c707cebefa4ae.png

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Oh, I now see that I was looking at the wrong thing. This is why I don't usually post in the morning before my brain has kicked into gear. But don't worry, I shall ignore my own inadequacy and hope nobody notices by choosing to thunder at Fiverr for the disgraceful fact that sellers can't leave such multifaceted reviews against buyers. SCANDALOUS. 

I found another video. 

image.png.a13ea4dfcf798106a46254026e0639a1.png

And quality of work is still there. 

image.png.6dacf616eeef8117feeb91dcbfb66834.png

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 7