In My First Order, Buyer Gave me 1.3* as He wasn't Ready to Pay. How It'll affect me ? How to get it removed ?

caspt1

Question

I was asked to give business consulting on Zoom Call for 30 Min. which I Did. Buyer was completely satisfied during the call (Even Call Recording might be available with Fiverr which they can look). But Somehow, after the delivery, when I asked him to accept delivery, he disputed delivery and proceeded to cancel the order. I declined cancellation as I had delivered whatever is asked for. Then he understood that Dispute won't help him so again he asked me to resubmit the delivery which I did and he accepted. But left 1.3* on my first order. I don't know what to do with that as I know this will dent my reputation a lot. Will Fiverr remove this review if I complain and ask them to check the recording ?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

3 answers to this question

Hi, this has unfortunately happened to me as well. People ask for cancellations or dispute after you delivered a perfectly fine order. Most of the time these are people that just want to get a free service and unfortunately there are not much Fiverr will do with these people. We are in a sense quite f**ed.

Here are some things I have learned though:

1. If a person does this, the best thing you can do is to reach out to them, asking them what they belive went wrong, and ask them what they want. If they simply say they want a refund you can politely say you can not offer this, and you can ask them for specifics to why they want a refund. Most of the time they can not give you an answer to this, but sometimes you can come to an agreement. Communications is always key, and it can solve it sometimes.
  2. If the person still does not want to give you a reason to why they want to cancel the order, then the only option they have it so put the delivery into revision (because you can simply just decline every cancellation request and if they dont put it into revision then order will be accepted after a while). 
  3. When the order has been put into revision DO NOT DELIVER THE ORDER. Then you will end up like you just did, with a low star. I have orders in revision, that has been in revision for a long time. You just need to accept you will not get the money from that order, but the client also will not get it. After a while you can try to reach out to them, asking to figure something out. Try to end on a good note, but if not just dont deliver the order. Some loss of money is better than a bad review.

When it comes to this review, the best thing you can do is to give a good answer to in the review. Be professional in the review, and have respect for the person. Future buyers will most likely look at the reviews, but if they also read your answer they can maybe understand this was from a crazy buyer. Give it some days to respond, so you dont answer emotionally is my best advice. I have given some emotional replied before and regretted it the next day

• Like 4
  • Up 3

50 minutes ago, joakimpe said:

Hi, this has unfortunately happened to me as well. People ask for cancellations or dispute after you delivered a perfectly fine order. Most of the time these are people that just want to get a free service and unfortunately there are not much Fiverr will do with these people. We are in a sense quite f**ed.

Here are some things I have learned though:

1. If a person does this, the best thing you can do is to reach out to them, asking them what they belive went wrong, and ask them what they want. If they simply say they want a refund you can politely say you can not offer this, and you can ask them for specifics to why they want a refund. Most of the time they can not give you an answer to this, but sometimes you can come to an agreement. Communications is always key, and it can solve it sometimes.
  2. If the person still does not want to give you a reason to why they want to cancel the order, then the only option they have it so put the delivery into revision (because you can simply just decline every cancellation request and if they dont put it into revision then order will be accepted after a while). 
  3. When the order has been put into revision DO NOT DELIVER THE ORDER. Then you will end up like you just did, with a low star. I have orders in revision, that has been in revision for a long time. You just need to accept you will not get the money from that order, but the client also will not get it. After a while you can try to reach out to them, asking to figure something out. Try to end on a good note, but if not just dont deliver the order. Some loss of money is better than a bad review.

When it comes to this review, the best thing you can do is to give a good answer to in the review. Be professional in the review, and have respect for the person. Future buyers will most likely look at the reviews, but if they also read your answer they can maybe understand this was from a crazy buyer. Give it some days to respond, so you dont answer emotionally is my best advice. I have given some emotional replied before and regretted it the next day

Now, Order is accepted as Delivered. I have had polite communication. But Now, Review is posted. I have replied to the review in very much professional manner. It won't have affected much to the sellers who has executed 100-200 orders. But for the First Order, It can't get worst than this.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Congrats! 1

21 hours ago, caspt1 said:

Now, Order is accepted as Delivered. I have had polite communication. But Now, Review is posted. I have replied to the review in very much professional manner. It won't have affected much to the sellers who has executed 100-200 orders. But for the First Order, It can't get worst than this.  

Yes, in the future make sure to not deliver the order, and just take the loss. The order will be in revision forever and that is better than a bad review. 

You learned from this, next time dont make the mistake to deliver

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1