Should I be worried?

grafva

Question

I was waiting for my first order for close to a month, since I still needed money to get food and not die though I had to go to work.
Because of that, I wasn't there for when my first two orders came in, and I ended up keeping them waiting for 3 days.

It's now been a day since I gave them their offers and they haven't responded, I can only assume they've gone and found someone else (voice actor btw)
Now it's on my profile that my average response time is 2 days.
Should I be worried?
Am I not gonna get any more because everyone's gonna look at that and go "No, I want someone faster."
Should I delete my account and make another one without this blight on it? Is that even allowed?

• Like 5

10 answers to this question

I don't think you should delete this Fiverr account and create a new one. Just be more careful next time. When someone texts you, give them an instant reply; this response time will improve as you start receiving more messages and respond more promptly.

Just install Fiverr Mobile Application in mobile there you can easily get notification and you can reply immediately. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, grafva said:

Should I delete my account and make another one without this blight on it? Is that even allowed?

It's allowed to close/deactivate an account and create a new one (unless Fiverr closed one because of rule breaking).

See: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010140217-How-do-I-change-my-email-or-username-

and look at the bottom section of the link below - about changing username.

but it's not worth doing for this. The average response time shown is for the last 60 days only. So even if no other buyer messaged you in the next 60 days (which would allow you to reduce it), after that 60 days it wouldn't show anything there (or might show N/A).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

5 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

It's allowed to close/deactivate an account and create a new one (unless Fiverr closed one because of rule breaking).

See: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010140217-How-do-I-change-my-email-or-username-

and look at the bottom section of the link below - about changing username.

but it's not worth doing for this. The average response time shown is for the last 60 days only. So even if no other buyer messaged you in the next 60 days (which would allow you to reduce it), after that 60 days it wouldn't show anything there (or might show N/A).

So in other words, I should just expect no traffic for the next two months and then I'll have an opportunity to start from scratch?

• Like 3
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, grafva said:

I should just expect no traffic for the next two months and then I'll have an opportunity to start from scratch?

Probably reduced probably of messages and maybe orders until it reduces/clears (and it clears after 60 days). But if just 1 person messages you then you can reply in a minute and reduce it a lot.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

Probably reduced probably of messages and maybe orders until it reduces/clears (and it clears after 60 days). But if just 1 person messages you then you can reply in a minute and reduce it a lot.

You can't reduce much from 0.
I've had nothing for a whole month until these 2...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, grafva said:

You can't reduce much from 0.
I've had nothing for a whole month until these 2...

I meant reduce it from it's current value. Your current average response time is 43 hours, so if you replied to the next message in 1 hour it would reduce the avg shown to 22 hours, then reduce more with each message you reply to (if you reply quicker than originally), especially if you could respond in 5 mins.

But after 60 days (from the time of your last response I think), if you don't get any messages then it will be reset and not show a response time there if no one has messaged you in the last 60 days.

Basically since it only takes into account the last 60 days worth of messages it won't matter about that long response time after 60 days.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I meant reduce it from it's current value. Your current average response time is 43 hours, so if you replied to the next message in 1 hour it would reduce the avg shown to 22 hours, then reduce more with each message you reply to (if you reply quicker than originally), especially if you could respond in 5 mins.

But after 60 days (from the time of your last response I think), if you don't get any messages then it will be reset and not show a response time there if no one has messaged you in the last 60 days.

Basically since it only takes into account the last 60 days worth of messages it won't matter about that long response time after 60 days.

I'm not going to get any more messages though, am I?
With how fast paced the gig economy is, everyone's going to go elsewhere.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, grafva said:

I'm not going to get any more messages though, am I?

I don't know. I just think reduced probability of messages until it clears/reduces to a few hours. But you can decide what you want to do (whether to close and open a new one). You could also wait for a while and then if you've still not received messages/orders then decide whether to close the account and open a  new one doing everything it says in the helps section for that.

Maybe creating an additional gig could also help.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4