Scammers on fiverr.com

reddancer

Question

I am a professional in live dance video creation and I collaborate with a team of expert dancers, videographers, and editors here on Fiverr for about 3 years. I am concerned to notice that there is a notable number of people who are clearly scamming.

These individuals download videos of dancers and artists from the internet, edit them, and present them as if they were live videos. Unfortunately, all dance video platforms are plagued with this type of individuals.

Alongside other creators, we have been trying to report this situation, however, the problem keeps multiplying and our efforts have become insignificant.

I would love to know if the platform will take measures regarding this, as many artists refuse to work out of fear of being scammed or consider our prices high compared to the absurd prices of scammers.

• Like 5

1 answer to this question

Hello @reddancer

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. At Fiverr, we are acutely aware of scammers and we take proactive measures to deal with them on a daily basis. To assist us, please continue reporting any issues as we need your assistance to handle them more efficiently and effectively. 

In addition, to protect your work, you can try Adding a Watermark to protect your work. Adding a watermark helps protect your work as buyers will be able to preview your work, but won't be able to use it.

Please know that you can report scammers to the CS and to any of the Fiverr Staff members here on the Forum by sending us a message. We will then forward those messages to the relevant departments. 

Kind regards. 

• Like 7