Can the buyer get both versions of the delivery after revision?

Guest alexcontaldi

Question

Guest alexcontaldi

Hi there ,

If I deliver a file and the buyer asks for a revision, will he be able to download both versions at the end? 

Thank you

Edited by alexcontaldi

6 answers to this question

Guest alexcontaldi

I explain myself better:

First of all we are talking about audio files. The buyer gave me some lyrics and asked me to record guitar and vocals in a country music style. I delivered the song and he told me that the rythm should be faster and more "country". So I delivered the song with a common country chords progression and rythm and he said that he liked more the first version's chords progression and the second version's singing 😅

So now.....I give unlimited revisions but what I mean is ....at the end when he will accept the delivery ...will he have all these different songs? Will it be like having 3 songs for the price of 1? I spent already way too many hours to write basically 3 different songs and from now on I won't give unlimited revisions anymore. 

Thanks all

1 hour ago, alexcontaldi said:

So now.....I give unlimited revisions but what I mean is ....at the end when he will accept the delivery ...will he have all these different songs? Will it be like having 3 songs for the price of 1? I spent already way too many hours to write basically 3 different songs and from now on I won't give unlimited revisions anymore. 

Thanks all

Yes, he will.

And that is one of the drawbacks of the unlimited revision.

• Like 7

Guest alexcontaldi

Ok so he is probably doing this on a purpose because I don't really call these revisions, he is making me change the whole thing so he can have different versions of the song.

2 hours ago, alexcontaldi said:

Ok so he is probably doing this on a purpose because I don't really call these revisions, he is making me change the whole thing so he can have different versions of the song.

This is something that you both should agree on. That's why, It's better to talk about all details before starting a project. For example, you tell buyer that revision should be a small change, or some mistake on your side. But if it's something different and required a lot of work, then it will be an extra.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 5

Guest alexcontaldi

Yes true, well.....I learnt my lesson....now I will finish the job and next time will be different 

Thank you everyone