Help me understand Auto Reply

camiquirino

Question

Hi, my name's Cami, a new Fiverr seller. I need help with the Auto Reply feature.

The way I understood it is that if a client messages me, the feature would automatically send them a message. 

When I read how to set up an Auto Reply in this article, it told me to click the "lightning bolt icon", but I don't see it.

It seems the icon only shows when someone messages you. That means I have to wait getting my first order before I could set it up?

Also, is it just me, or Fiverr is a bit spammy? I've been getting tons of messages, but when I check them, the mail tells me that I can't respond to the person anymore. And they do look like spam mails.

• Like 8

8 answers to this question

Hey Cami, an auto-reply won't help you maintain a response rate or time. It will only assist you in engaging with clients more promptly, but you will still need to reply to maintain your response time. You don't have to have an order to use this tool. Also, yes, there are spam messages on Fiverr, but Fiverr's algorithm catches them as early as possible.

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, camiquirino said:

Also, is it just me, or Fiverr is a bit spammy?

Spam is... a pretty big issue at the moment, especially in some categories (I think writing is one of them.) I always make sure to reply a quick 'no' to them before marking as spam just in case, so my response rate isn't affected even if it bugs out. Generally, obvious spam gets tracked down easily but less obvious (people wanting to pay later, people seeking work from you, etc.) is harder to track, I think, so it can get a bit bothersome. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, glow_writer said:

Why are new sellers always bombarded with spam messages? What can Fiverr do about this?

They are probably deemed as the most gullible so the new spam accounts message them first. Whenever i make a new gig, I will often get messages that start with 'Welcome to Fiverr."... I'm a TRS, so I'm not new, but I think they hone down on new gigs. 

Now, what Fiverr can do? Honestly, I don't think they can do a whole lot more. When one technique of spam doesn't work, they switch things (I've seen them write their emails, etc., on pieces of paper and more), so until a new account is flagged, they can't be hunted down.

Maybe if buyers were ID-checked (which feels like a tricky process) at account creation, it could help.

• Like 7