Is it normal to get so many spams?

med_yass

Question

It is rather ridiculous at this point. It's my first time on Fiverr as a freelancer, trying to earn a bit while I'm studying at my university. This was my first day; I signed up in the afternoon and I got more or less a dozen spam accounts asking for my email or telling me about some big project and to go look over on Telegram for it. These spams have been bombarding me the entire time on the site. I've reported each and every one of them, but this is really disheartening and depressing because each time I hear the notification sound, I'm also hoping it is someone who is interested in what I can offer them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 answers to this question

Most sellers receive spam messages, but you may be experiencing a higher volume compared to experienced sellers. This is because spammers tend to focus on newcomers, who may be more susceptible to their tactics. They understand that seasoned sellers are less likely to be deceived by their tricks.

Don't bother with them. Just mark their messages as spam.

The number of spam messages you receive will eventually go down. Additionally, the nature of these spam messages will evolve as you make progress. I rarely receive telegram spam messages. Instead, most spammers reach out to ask for work or money.

Edited by rahulkajla1
  • Like 3