Is gig editing harmful?

tahmina257

Guest amethystblac_

There is no way to know what will happen after editing a gig. There may be a temporary drop, or it may rise in rank. You may do a phenomenal job of updating it or may change keywords in a way that negatively affects it. You may even edit it to remain similarly ineffective. There is no way to say what will happen. The best you can do is research keywords and Fiverr gig-writing best practices, make sure your image is 100%, choose a fantastic title, and try different things over time. Don't worry about what might happen; you shouldn't stay with an ineffective listing.

42 minutes ago, amethystblac_ said:

There is no way to know what will happen after editing a gig. There may be a temporary drop, or it may rise in rank. You may do a phenomenal job of updating it or may change keywords in a way that negatively affects it. You may even edit it to remain similarly ineffective. There is no way to say what will happen. The best you can do is research keywords and Fiverr gig-writing best practices, make sure your image is 100%, choose a fantastic title, and try different things over time. Don't worry about what might happen; you shouldn't stay with an ineffective listing.

Thanks for your suggestion.

• Like 22

Hello @tahmina257 ,

I have a few information that will help you.

Gig editing is not harmful. If your gig is not getting enough impressions like it should be it's preferable to edit your gig. 

But don't make a lot of changes in the gig at once.

You have to update the gig little by little. 

If you think your gig photos are not satisfactory then update it today, The next day update/change a tag and put that tag in the description. Rewrite a line in the description that will include that updated keyword.

You need to have patience and understand that the Fiverr algorithm is really complex.

So, update in a small portion at a time. 

Also, try to put the updated data quickly. Make everything ready before clicking on the edit option.

I hope you will find this post beneficial.

Best regards,

Teresa

• Like 27

Gig edit is not harmful but you have to edit the gig for a one time. If the time is twice or more in a month then it can be harmful if your gig will have on ranking. If not ranking then no problem. Thanks.

Edited by shamimngd
  • Like 22

This is a continuous  process of updating GIG. We have to research keywords, images, video, descriptions and try to do rank our GIG to bring it in the few first pages so that it reach many clients and both impression and click increase which will increase the probability of getting job.

• Like 20
  • Up 2

Gig editing can be damaging if it reduces content quality because of hasty labor, does not include sufficient fact-checking, or undermines the original author's intent. While quick editing is advantageous, ignoring standards can undermine trust and compromise the integrity of the material delivered, thereby misleading or confusing readers.

• Like 17

If you look at the gig rank it is better not to edit. There is no harmful in editing gig  but there are certain rules to edit, if you edit a gig according to the rules, your gig will not be harmful, but the gig will rank and if you edit outside the rules, the rank of the gig will go down.

• Like 18

I have found that editing my gigs is often helpful, even if I’m only making small changes. One thing I have done in the past though, is to copy and paste the old info into a note.

For example, if I am changing my description, I will keep a copy of the old description in my notes, so I can restore it if I notice that the change results in a significant downturn in impressions, clicks or orders.

• Like 17

On 8/30/2023 at 8:29 PM, tahmina257 said:

Hi there,

I am a new seller. I have published 1st gig 2month back. In the 1st month my gig impression was quite good but suddenly impression getting down continuously. Now should I edit my gig? will it be harmful for my gig? 

No

If your gig have any problem or not rank your gig then you can change your gig. If your gig have many problem then you 1st change one section then wait 12 hours then change other section.

• Like 10