If a buyer never ordered my gig but was offensive to me, can he leave me a negative review if I block him?

laymedic

Question

A buyer recently contacted me and asked if we could chat in zoom to see if we were a match for my gig service (something I am ok with providing with first time orders) but then his request was odd and innappropriate and not at all what I advertised, and from a normal conversation he just escalated it to a political argument and got really aggressive and offensive. 

I do not want this person contacting me further. I wish to block him. But I am scared of a negative review. He never even ordered my gig. Can he even review it once he is blocked?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 answer to this question

If there's no order and you're not working with him, then you will be fine. Obviously there can't be a review if there's no open order. How would you expect a buyer to review anything, if no work was provided. It's ok to block people that are inappropriate or very pushy, especially if you told them you can't help. There will always be people like this, but Fiverr offers us the means to stop messages or orders via blocking. So yeah, you will be fine here.

• Like 6
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1