Buyer wants to cancel an explainer video half way through the completion stage

andreygavrilkin

Question

Hello Community,

I know this things happen, but has not happened in my motion designer career before. A returning customer placed an order to create an explainer video. This time the buyer is not creating a video for themselves but rather for friend's company. Half way through the production the all the design is done and I am ready to start animating my client said apologies, because their friend did not like the actual script they provided. So they want to cancel not because of the quality of my work, but because their original script is not aligned with their current company vision. They want to rewrite the script and start from scratch in the next 1-2 months. I am happy to cancel because a person was doing a favor for their friend's company, and the person is really nice, but to be honest I would like to get paid for the time spent on the production. What are my options now? 

Thanks

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

1 answer to this question

Cancellation creates negative impact on your gig and profile, If the buyer orders gig within 14 days of cancellation of the gig it does't impact your performance 

Explain it to buyer with this link - https://business.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010975257

I will suggest you to ask buyer to cancel current gig and reorder gig or create custom offer with less amount ( considering time you spent on the project ) 

• Like 9