Sales Sudden Drop

kitsunekei1

Until last week I had like 20-25 orders, per week, I didnt received a bad rating, but of course some new customers that dont rate the services as usual even while you ask, anyway, my numbers  suddenly dropped down from 20-25 orders to just 10, I dont  get the problem, as it never happened to me before, could you please help me to understand and if possible if you have some advice to boost my sales again Ill be very thankful

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kitsunekei1 said:

Until last week I had like 20-25 orders, per week, I didnt received a bad rating, but of course some new customers that dont rate the services as usual even while you ask, anyway, my numbers  suddenly dropped down from 20-25 orders to just 10, I dont  get the problem, as it never happened to me before, could you please help me to understand and if possible if you have some advice to boost my sales again Ill be very thankful

Every seller experiences ups and downs on Fiverr. Gig rotation or a drop in your performance can cause you to become less visible on Fiverr. Remember that buyers can leave two reviews: a star rating and a private review. You wouldn't know if they've left a negative private review unless it ends up hurting your visibility in the marketplace, which is why I always suggest looking at your performance first: did you perform at your absolute best, making sure you under-promised, over-delivered, kept buyers updated on progress, made 100% sure that you understood every buyer requirement before starting work, avoided that buyers had to ask for revisions and anticipate their needs in every single case? If not, you might have increased your chances of getting less than stellar private feedback, which can tank your visibility. 

• Like 3

I didnt knew that, now I have to work with extra stress with this site,I always give the best I can to my customers, and Ive ended up twice in the hospital to give the best service I can and now I have to stress for more stuff? 

well thanks for letting me know that 🙂

4 hours ago, kitsunekei1 said:

Ive ended up twice in the hospital to give the best service I can

I think everyone on the platform would encourage you to work hard, but not to sacrifice your own health to do so. Please make sure you're taking care of yourself, as that's really the only way you'll be able to continue producing high-quality work in the future to our buyers.

Regarding getting fewer orders, @smashradio is absolutely correct that we all experience ups and downs. Even as a Top Rated Seller, sometimes I have 30+ orders in my queue and other times I have 0, regardless of how they're ranking. You may want to take a look at your gigs to see whether or not they're seasonal; in my case, some of my clients will only be purchasing my editing services for some purposes at specific times during the year. Alternatively, have a look at your gigs and think about how you can diversify them and offer a more comprehensive range of services to attract a larger group of customers and more consistent orders.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, kitsunekei1 said:

I didnt knew that, now I have to work with extra stress with this site,I always give the best I can to my customers, and Ive ended up twice in the hospital to give the best service I can and now I have to stress for more stuff? 

well thanks for letting me know that 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and about you ending up in the hospital! You should never let work ruin your health.

Not everyone is cut out for the freelancer lifestyle. Running your own business is tough, and it's not meant to be fair or relaxing. Everyone has different levels of stress they can handle before getting burnt out or even seriously ill. You should listen to your body and health and not work yourself into the ground. 

Unfortunately, I've seen many people come into the freelancing marketplace (not just on Fiverr, mind you!) with the "finally, I can be my own boss" attitude. But being your own boss also means you have all the responsibility when nothing goes as planned, and the going gets tough. 

3 hours ago, englishessayist said:

I think everyone on the platform would encourage you to work hard, but not to sacrifice your own health to do so. Please make sure you're taking care of yourself, as that's really the only way you'll be able to continue producing high-quality work in the future to our buyers.

Absolutely! And the truth is that not everyone can deal with the stress of running their own business, even if they want to. It's unfortunate to hear about people working themselves nearly to death before they realize it. Without your health, you have nothing. 

• Like 2