Although I gave my customer 1 revision, he used 3 revisions. Is this possible?

mitolojii

Question

6 answers to this question

If this was a custom order, you have to discuss it prior to starting the work about how many revisions will you provide.

But if he ordered from your packages, and you had mentioned the number of revisions there, then you can ask him politely that you only provide this number of revisions with this gig package. If you want more revisions, you need to pay.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Buyers can repeatedly ask for revisions until we, the sellers, remind them that they have purchased a gig with only (X number of) revisions! 

Even worse are those who use the revisions system to buy themselves more time to look at the work because fiverr's lax system allows this too. 

But yes, in short, unless you take control, a buyer can ask you for a revision 100 times or more if he so chooses since Fiverr has made it possible for the buyer to request as many revisions as they like--even when our gigs state we offer none or one single revision round.

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, anniejenkinson said:

Buyers can repeatedly ask for revisions until we, the sellers, remind them that they have purchased a gig with only (X number of) revisions! 

Even worse are those who use the revisions system to buy themselves more time to look at the work because fiverr's lax system allows this too. 

But yes, in short, unless you take control, a buyer can ask you for a revision 100 times or more if he so chooses since Fiverr has made it possible for the buyer to request as many revisions as they like--even when our gigs state we offer none or one single revision round.

This is relatable, I offer limited revisions depending on gig package but the Fiverr systems allows buyers to make unlimited revision requests.

I created a ticket regarding the unlimited revisions issue but the support said this :

While I understand how much effort and time you put into this order and that you would like for it to be completed, the only way an order can be completed is if the buyer accepts your delivery. At this point in time, what I can suggest is that you continue working on the revisions the buyer asked for and try reaching an agreement.

It seems there is no use of the revision settings during gig creation if a buyer can create unlimited revisions for any order, there are buyers on Fiverr who are exploiting the system and get there work done which is even not included in the ordered package. They want to get Premium package service for Basic package prices & there is nothing a seller can do.

This will affect order completion rate of seller and gig ranking as well, and what if buyer is intentionally doing revision requested so the order is never gets marked delivered. The sellers effort and time all is wasted without any payment for the work.

• Like 4