Will I be scam?

adevelyn

Question

1 month ago, I have get a new seller from Fiverr to create games for kids. The seller is pushing me to approve the work before it is uploaded on the site. Is this secure? I didn’t see the whole games development. Almost didn’t see anything and not feeling right to do it. The seller may have his concern that we don’t pay after he sends the program? I am not sure what to do next. I can’t approve before seeing the program. 

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, adevelyn said:

Is this secure? 

I didn’t see the whole games development.

Wait to see the program. Do not let the seller push you to approve the work before you have inspected it. Remember, the order will auto-complete three days after the seller delivers it. However, If you need more time, Fiverr lets buyers extend the completion time if needed. You can choose this option on the order page. 

36 minutes ago, adevelyn said:

The seller may have his concern that we don’t pay after he sends the program?

If the seller is new, they may not understand that Fiverr already has collected your payment and is holding it in escrow until the seller fulfills their part of the bargain. I have heard of buyers who were pushed into accepting orders and found they did not get what they ordered. When these buyers went to customer service to get a refund, they were told that since they had accepted the work, there was not any way to get a refund.

39 minutes ago, adevelyn said:

I am not sure what to do next. I can’t approve before seeing the program. 

Do as I said above, and good luck.   🍀

• Like 3
  • Up 2

why should a seller even bother to do your project with no order ? Are you kidding me ?!

do i trust you guys if you dont stop communication after you get the project ?!

this happened to me that i trusted a client and he/she didnt show up anymore, i understand that semi-final files are enough for some of them.

so please see the sellers as they are like you dear clients. you have the option to pick a reliable seller, you see seller badges, reviews, even works, some of them can provide an extra CV or Portfolio (even though these 2 are not reliable).

you know what is going wrong when you see buyers always go to find the lowest price, then they can't trust the seller can provide the quality they need or not !!!! so go for some more reliable sellers.

and remember there is a milestone offer, you can pay the seller step by step, and when ever you see your seller cant go well with the project, you can cancel it. and it will not harm you !!! (however this is weird that on Fiverr sellers face a huge penalty on canceled orders).

• Like 3