buyer is threatening

saadullah326

Question

I have completed what buyer has asked to do. He asked initially incorporate the IDX to his website, which I did. now he say to fix other issues as well otherwise he wont pay

What should be done in this case?

should I submit the work which i have done? and what happen if buyer declines the work? does fiverr support buyers in every case?

Please let me know as my time to submit the work is running out.

best regards

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

4 answers to this question

20 hours ago, saadullah326 said:

I have completed what buyer has asked to do. He asked initially incorporate the IDX to his website, which I did. now he say to fix other issues as well otherwise he wont pay

should I submit the work which i have done?

If you have completed the work that you both initially agreed upon, let the buyer know that you'll be happy to do any extra's but this does come at a price. Unfortunately, you're bound to run into buyers who always try to get free work. Stand your ground! 

20 hours ago, saadullah326 said:

and what happen if buyer declines the work? does fiverr support buyers in every case?

I don't have a lot of experience with cancellations of this nature. However, what I've read on the forum is that if you plead your case to CS and you can show you've delivered what you agreed on they don't automatically side with the buyer. They do encourage working it out with the buyer first so I suggest you try that before contacting them. Then you'll also have the chat as proof. 

So in short, mention to the buyer you're happy to do extra work against an $X fee. You've put in the time and work, so don't let them bully you thinking you won't get paid/leave a bad review.

I'm not sure if this reply will reach you in time, but I hope it will!

• Like 5
  • Up 2

12 hours ago, saadullah326 said:

should I submit the work which i have done? and what happen if buyer declines the work? does fiverr support buyers in every case?

Please let me know as my time to submit the work is running out.

best regards

You will never have control over any outcomes. You can communicate your difficulties with the client. It is their choice to accept, decline or to ask for revisions. If something is beyond the scope of the gig, you need to communicate that too with the buyer and the customer support (if the need arises). 

• Like 5
  • Up 1