Buyer Requests are not relevant

mahmudulhossen2

Question

I started my fiverr journey with data entry service. I have earned my level one badge with just one data entry gig. Recently I have learnt front end web development. I have uploaded 2 gigs on psd to html & html-css edit. After uploading these 2 gigs - in my buyer request section I see all the programming related buyer request coming like:- python, java, php etc. Those are not related to my skills. Before uploading these 2 gigs, I could see many buyer request related to data entry. But now I rarely see any data entry or front end related buyer requests. Is there any way I can have only front end and data entry related buyer request in my profile ?

Edited by mahmudulhossen2
  • Like 5

2 answers to this question

👋 Hi @mahmudulhossen2, unfortunately buyer requests is a near to useless feature, as they often are the section where scammers and really sketchy buyers lurk.

📉 Also, the chance you have of getting an order from buyer requests is really low (I've personally sent 147 and got only 1 answer, and those are from my first days in Fiverr, now I am not using them anymore).

💰 I know that to a newbie that seems the only way of getting your first orders, but there are many other ways to get them, for example advertising your gig online and offline. The first example (of many) that pops up in my mind offhand is the following: probably one of your acquaintances needs the service you offer on Fiverr so instead of making the transaction IRL ask them to buy your service through Fiverr.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, samus_x said:

👋 Hi @mahmudulhossen2, unfortunately buyer requests is a near to useless feature, as they often are the section where scammers and really sketchy buyers lurk.

📉 Also, the chance you have of getting an order from buyer requests is really low (I've personally sent 147 and got only 1 answer, and those are from my first days in Fiverr, now I am not using them anymore).

💰 I know that to a newbie that seems the only way of getting your first orders, but there are many other ways to get them, for example advertising your gig online and offline. The first example (of many) that pops up in my mind offhand is the following: probably one of your acquaintances needs the service you offer on Fiverr so instead of making the transaction IRL ask them to buy your service through Fiverr.

Thank you very much for your valuable response. You are right. Buyer request is always full of scammers and getting order from buyer request is very tough. 

• Like 3