Vacation Day Protest "Profile Message" - Use on or near July 1

anarchofighter

Reply to @madmoo: Thank you for your detailed response. Sorry to make the assumption of 30+ orders, I just always considered you to be extremely successful here. 🙂

The problem I’m having (my queue is small at the moment, so it doesn’t qualify) is that I typically have 30+ orders at any one time, which mostly come through while I’m asleep (most of my buyers are US-based). Now, the incredibly poor fiverr notification system means that I can’t readily see who’s ordered, without clicking ‘Load more notifications’ twenty times, and even then, notifications can be overlooked. As sellers on fiverr, we shouldn’t be expected to provide an instantaneous response in order to receive a 5-star response rating (as you rightly said).

People come here to order products or services for the low price of $5, and, as long as that objective is delivered, our rating shouldn’t factor in response time in any way, shape or form. If the order is late, by all means rate me lower. However, as anarchofighter rightly said on another post, because this is the internet, people expect immediate response, and immediate results. This would be possible if I was running a million pound company, but no, I’m a single person offering my services to others, and sometimes, orders can get overlooked; and I don’t want to be penalised if the finished product is delivered on time, as described on my gig page, and free from errors.

Secondly, while I agree that fiverr are looking at things on a ‘case by case basis’, unfortunately, there’s little evidence of them actually doing anything. My most recent example was a buyer who rated me 4/5 stars, and when questioned, he said he doesn’t like giving 5 star ratings as it devalues the system. He said my work was “outstanding and professional, and he will be ordering again”, but apparently, that isn’t worthy of 5 stars. I forwarded this to fiverr, who replied with;

"Hi Daniel,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are going to review this with our team and get back to you as soon as possible once we have an update.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Sheana"

This was last Thursday. If I hadn’t explained the situation to the buyer, that would’ve meant going four days with a tarnished rating, simply because the buyer holds a different view to the rest of fiverr. Fair? No.

The above reasons are precisely why I’m suspending my gigs on the 1st, and, if others have been through the crap I have so far, I’m sure they would too.

typingservice said: You're responding to my comment that it's not cool to rate sellers 1 star that don't participate. So, is that your roundabout way of saying you really meant your original comment but just got too many complaints about it?

No, and I don't take kindly to your attempt at being a "detective.

What you can learn from your experience is that you've let me know you're like most people...and lack the imagination and give up your initial impressions and will look for reason to reinforce it.

Let me be clear...

I never offered the thought because I wanted bad things for anyone.

I realized there were problems with it ... so I modified.

But the GOAL is/was & remains a good goal.

No, please go be part of the solution or at least get out of the way of those of us who are trying to do good by everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @miacmht:

This is like the folk who are homophobic talking about how we don’t tolerate them.

The principle of inclusion isn’t a principle of self-defeat.

Again, no one said someone couldn’t join…but you can’t decide not to join and be in solidarity.

Simple case of you cannot have your strike breakers and that be without observation

Reply to @anarchofighter: Please stop comparing your protest against ARS to actual civil and humans rights issues. It is extremely belittling of actual struggles and as a member of the actual minority involved in the gay rights movement, it is downright offensive that you think your protest against a rating system is as serious as some of the major societal issues you’ve brought up in these threads.

Reply to @madmoo:

There was that one thread removed because some mods considered my posting my order to the Fiverr shill to be "bullying"

That thread, seems not to be deleted as well as pulled into the Saloon.

But it WAS NOT pulled because of talk of the day of In-Action.

Reply to @madmoo: I didn’t say it was your decision.

And of course I disagree with you assessment.

My point was not to litigate the liberties you took (or even to ID YOU as the one who took them) …but rather to remind you why this forum user may think there was some monkey business going on.

madmoo said: And I agree that as far as I know and you know, there is/was/and probably won't be any censorship of the ARS discussions, though there may be certain threads removed for other reasons, as was the case with the thread in question.

AbzFabz.

I wish I presented in a way that was clearer between us. I don't know why we have so many crossed wires.

Archived