I want to clarify an accounts issue

itzz_tayyab

Question

I am a copywriter and a friend, who lives near my house, is also a writer. I usually work from my house and he works from his house. So, this is a normal situation, we both are using different laptops, different IPs, different gmails, different payoneer accounts, etc. However, we sometimes have to work from the same location. For example, he will come to my house to guide me about a project and on that day, he will work from my house. So, I wanted to ask whether this collaboration will result in an issue for us or not? 

In simple words, me and my friend sometimes use the same internet connection while working on Fiverr. But most of the time, we both are using different internet connections. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 answer to this question

4 hours ago, itzz_tayyab said:

I am a copywriter and a friend, who lives near my house, is also a writer. I usually work from my house and he works from his house. So, this is a normal situation, we both are using different laptops, different IPs, different gmails, different payoneer accounts, etc. However, we sometimes have to work from the same location. For example, he will come to my house to guide me about a project and on that day, he will work from my house. So, I wanted to ask whether this collaboration will result in an issue for us or not? 

In simple words, me and my friend sometimes use the same internet connection while working on Fiverr. But most of the time, we both are using different internet connections. 

It might. 

From what I understand, based on my conversations with Customer Support, having similar services in the same categories while working from the same IP, can cause system flags, even if you are unique persons who usually work from different IPs. This will often cause the site to stop working for a while, and you would get a message that they are looking into things. 

If you have ID-verified accounts, this should be an easy thing to fix for support: they will immediately see that you're two different persons entirely. If not, it would be slighly more complicated. 

At any rate, I'd avoid this if possible, just to be on the safe side. A solution could be for your friend to set up a remote desktop at home, so he can connect to his computer and remote control it from anywhere. That way, he'd be working from "home". Another solution is to just use the app when he's not at home, and a regular mobile connection instead of Wifi. 

If you're two different persons, you wouldn't be breaking any rules by doing this, but the system might flag the usage as such automatically, causing delays and annoyances that could be avoided. Besides, you can never be 100% sure that the trust and safety team won't make a mistake (it happens) and that can cause account reviews lasting up to 90 days – enough to break your business. 

• Like 5